Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Bratty! I think I will. :-) Check-in . . that is. . Ha. . . Between FB, Ebay and all the other online services, I hardly get any work done any longer I've been lurking here and there but feel guilty when I pop in and then fall off again. .

I think I'm in the right frame of mind this time . . I am not going to set any ridiculous goals, no stupid deadlines and I'm not going to beat myself up for having a bad day (which always leads to more bad days!) I'm taking it one meal at a time! If I make it though breakfast without overeating. . that's one more success! If I decide to walk at lunch. that's another. . I want to focus on the good things I'm doing instead of noting the bad!!!

We can do this. Several peeps around me are doing their own thing, but we are all after the same goal . Weight Loss and Health! Hubby just found out he has High Cholesterol so I have decided to get my hiney back to the doc too (but I have to lose a few, first!!). .LOl . always something!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O.. tuna and hot sauce . how much have I missed thee? .. .

I was quite surprised.. It was actually yummy! Wow. . what on earth is up with that. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

By the way .. for a real sweet. non fattening treat. . check out Yankee Candle! I just received my "after Christmas" special box and snagged some yummy flavored tarts. . My house smells just like carmel apple right now. . OMG> . I'm ready to lick all the candles! Can't wait until I open banana nut bread!! Yums!
(and couldn't beat the price .50 each. . normally 1.99!)
Old 01-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #244
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Oh IM - I love my yankee candles! I made some low carb dessert - I don't usually do this, but I was looking for something to take to the potluck that I could eat. Now I can't keep out of it. It has sf jello, cream cheese, and cream. Alas, I know better!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by m16rivera View Post
Hi all!
Well this week has been a bust, semi bust or should I say, a total bust after 5pm I do so well every day. I get up early and get a lot done plus 40 mins of exercise and my menu has been eggs and chicken breasts. But then 5pm rolls around and my BF gets home and cracks open a beer. I've totally broken down this whole week so far and have had wine and Godiva liquor! I'm so dissapointed at myself. I'm really bummed about my gain and how I look I feel very sluggish too. Every day starts out so good and I'm happy and on plan, but then he gets home and it all goes you know where.

I need to be stronger about saying no, no, NO! I have to stop feeling guilty if I dont want to eat certain things or drink for now. I've realized that drinking has become a nightly thing. Not to get drunk but to have a couple drinks to relax. When I first did stillmans I didnt need to drink.

I just dumped out the rest of my wine. I refuse to drink anymore or go off plan for at least a month, because at that time I'll have a birthday party to attend.

I need to be strong and re-commit to myself. I've done it before and I can again. I need to get this under control before 20lbs turns into 30, 40 or even more.

Thanks for letting me let off some steam

Wishing you all the best! OXO
OK...suggestion for you. If you really, really, really want a cocktail, minimize the damage. Drink plain liquor (non-flavored whiskey, rum, tequila or vodka) and mix it with something like diet soda, Crystal lite, or my favorite: Mio water flavors or Dasani water flavors. Any citrus flavor is good with tequila or rum (caribbean/tropical flair) If you like pina coladas, there's a Dasani flavor drops in pineapple-coconut...mix that to your taste preference in water & add rum. If you like the taste of sweet tea, or peach tea...try making up the MIO water in that flavor & add a shot of whiskey. Or strawberry-watermelon drops with rum. You get the picture. The advantage here is there is NO carbs in hard liquor (make sure it's not flavored liquor or liqueur because some flavored liquors have carbs and ALL liqueurs, like your Godiva liqueur, have sugar in large quantities. And there's no carbs in the Mio, Crystal Lite or diet sodas. The hard liquors will slow your loss down some...your body will use the calories in liquor first...but there is no carbs to throw you out of ketosis or trigger appetite.) Sometimes it is easier to choose the route and go ahead and indulge, but make a better diet choice. So you're still on plan, just at a slower losing schedule.

The worst thing is to keep drinking the sugar-laden liqueurs and the wine...they're giving you a double whammy of alcohol AND carbs, which can really throw off all the good work you're doing during the day.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 01-24-2013 at 05:03 PM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

I'm back from long weekend in Key West, followed by 36 hours in Disney World. Stayed completely on plan the whole time in Key West (Atkins style...lots of salad entrees with plain dressing, and grilled chicken or grilled fish) and then had 24 hours (basically 3 meals) off-plan at Disney World.

Those 3 meals put on 5 lbs overnight: can you believe it. I wasn't even over-eating...didn't finish all the food at any meal, didn't have any snacks, didn't eat the whole bread basket or anything crazy like thatl! And breakfast was just scrambled eggs & bacon so technically, that was an Atkins meal. So it was really two non-diet meals, yet still popped up 5 lbs. 5 lbs! I really thought with only one day off plan I would limit the gain to just a lb or 2 of water. But noooooo. Had to be 5.

Honestly, I think next time I'm just eating nothing but salads, with no dressing.

Been back for 2 days...still up a lb. as of this morning. I know it's water weight, but geez I hate that silliness.

Have company until about noon on Saturday...then no company for 5 days. Much as I enjoy having company to share the sunny Florida days, I'm looking forward to the break. I'll be staying home, going back to my egg & chicken diet. I really seem to do best on that plain, plain boring menu, and skip the restaurant meals. Seems like no matter what I order, they're hiding carbs in the darn protein! At least at home, I know there's nothing but eggs in my eggs, lol.

Way to go,Bratty! Good loss for you!

Mim, hang in there...that danged scale will move. And I hear you on the difficulties of pot-luck. There's always a couple of really, really good dishes at those things...what I call the "show off" dishes...that are so tempting. Here's hoping you get a good whoosh to encourage the straight & narrow path!

Mar, so good to hear from you...and awesome to get into the 140s. I hope to get there at some point!

Hello gidget, Makemeslim...hi to srfrgrl, too. Hope you're all doing well.

It's almost FRiday...hope you all have a loser-weekend planned

Last edited by catne; 01-24-2013 at 05:22 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 03:24 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi cat! Don't fret too much . . That truly was water weight and will disappear quickly. Hang tough and congratulate yourself and plan for an awesome weekend! Seriously jealous. Sunshine!! What I wouldn't give?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:29 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok must apologize up front but I'm Already getting a wee bit obsessed but I'm so darn excited!! I'm down this morning And just realized it is pms week so that's huge for me! Im actually down 7 pounds since Monday! I wasn't expecting much but now I'm stoked for the weekend and loving my chicken. Beef. Tuna and eggs !! I forgot how much meat can rock.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:34 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Come on Mim! You and I will do this big time today! No dessert is worth it! Drink some yummy flavored tea and grill up some meat! And please don't go hungry! Hide some chicken in your purse and think of how awesome summer will be when you are a skinny Minnie and the rest of those dessert eaters are hiding under their beach blankets .
Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mar . . Ahh. . 140's!! Nothing can feel that great right now. Enjoy!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #251
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Friday morning! Thank you IM - I needed that - Although what I've eaten yesterday was low carb - the calories and the fat were very high - and for my foolishness has netted me a .5 pound gain! But not to worry - I'm back to plain foods today.

BTW - Congratulations IM - your loss is fantastic! Keep it up!

Cathy - I know what you mean about the gain. I gain easily and lose slowly too! I need to get motivated to do some physical activities. Next week will be warmer but will also be rainy so walking to the office is out for awhile. Today it is snowing - I love winter! Really - but I need to walk!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 234/224/155 5'7"
WOE: Stillman QWL
Start Date: April 1 2014
Down 1.6 today! Eating clean Stillmans works so good! I am back out of the 220s. I hope I never see them again.

IM Glad you have missed your meat. It will make it easier to hang on. Take it one meal at a time. If you think you may go off. Think of all the reasons you should. It might help. I have a list I read every time I want to eat something off plan. So far it has worked for me.

Cathy
Sounds like you did great while away. I can not say I would have been that good. I know what you mean about the ridiculous gain for one day. I gain 5-7 in a 24 hour period and will take me a week to recover.

Courage isn't always a lion's roar. It is sometimes the heart at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

melting my hot apple cider tart at work. . MMMmmmm thinking about lunch. . I love, love, love Ya Ya's chicken. . I think I'll stock up on some for the weekend. .looked it up and it has no carbs. Was worried about the marinade but it seems to be OK. . If you have one around you. . so worth it!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
melting my hot apple cider tart at work. . MMMmmmm thinking about lunch. . I love, love, love Ya Ya's chicken. . I think I'll stock up on some for the weekend. .looked it up and it has no carbs. Was worried about the marinade but it seems to be OK. . If you have one around you. . so worth it!
Way to go on the loss this week...feels so good, doesn't it.

And good to hear about Ya Ya's chicken...there is one of those places not too far from us in Florida and I've always been tempted to try it, but leery of hidden carbs. Going to pick some up this weekend.

Confession: I hate to cook...ran a home child care business for nearly 20 years & also raised 4 kids: I cooked for 12 people, day in and day out, for all those years...think I did a "lifetime" worth of cooking through all that so now when it's just hubby & I...well. Let's just say I dearly love to find "legal" prepared food from restaurants or delis that does not have hidden carbs!

I was down another lb. this morning, (water weight for sure...ankles almost back to normal size ) so overall, I am almost back to my low weight last week before Key West/Disney. Have to hit it hard for the next week (before the next round of visitors/restaurant meals starts!)
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #255
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I went to the office today - I was going to drive but got outside and it felt so good that I decided to walk - in the falling snow. I started up the first hill and fell - It was a soft fall - some nit put salt on top of the snow without shoveling - thus creating ice! Anyway right after that a parishioner drove by and I got a ride with him. I finished up my office work and walked home without incident. It is really snowing - the original forecast was wrong and we are getting several more inches than originally predicted. I'm glad I walked for a couple of reasons - I needed the exercise and cars were spinning all over the place trying to get up the hill. Schools let out at noon when they realized it was worse than predicted. Anyway I'm home and cozy.

Cathy, congratulations on your continued loss!

Ashley - yeah for getting out of the 220's! I am just entering them - I'm at 229. I really want to move through this set of 10 - it is my nemesis!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim. . you can do it. . I've seen you in action before . go. . go go (I'm glad you didnt' hurt anything falling on the ice. . I fell about a week ago and sat for 10 minutes until I could catch my breath. all the while watching hubby move around the house . oblivious to his damsel in distress!!!). . O. but you will be so happy to know that I saved my ceramic Hello Kitty mug. . it landed softely in my lap. well.. I can't say the same for the hot coffee or my skirt!!

Cat! Warning: Ya Ya's is a bit expensive (but we are worth it, aren't we?) .It such a nice change from the greasy fried stuff. I love their salads. . even though it is only chicken and lettuce.. .I also buy the cold packs (wings/legs) and feed the legs to the kids and I save the wings for myself. . Love them!!!

Pizza night at my house! I confess. . I did eat the top off one very small piece and fed the crust to the dog. She was thrilled. . I shall be very, very good this weekend and I shall see great results on both my scales! (I bought 2 just to be sure one wasn't lying and I always believe the better of the two!! LOL. . I gain 1 pound walking from the kitchen to the bathroom.. sheesshhh. . stupid scale!)

Last edited by IM2fat; 01-25-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Mim So happy you were not hurt in a fall. Keep going and you will be out of the 220s in no time. Congrats on getting out of the 230s! My highest weight was 232. Hate that number.

Cathy I hate to cook too. I cook a whole weeks worth of chicken in one day and just reheat it in the microwave. I do cook eggs every morning and I make easy meals for the kids. That is enough for me!

IM Pizza is one of my favorite things. It can not be in the house if I am on plan. I saw a commercial last night of a family eating pizza together and my saliva glads cramped like crazy. It is very sad.
Oh why must I love carbs so much! Good job not eating the crust.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #258
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Good Saturday morning! I had a wake up call by my scale this morning. It is moving in the wrong direction because I am making poor choices. So it stops here. I am going to a wedding later this morning - I think. The roads look bad so I'll have to wait to see. I'm going with two other women and I'm not the driver but I still need to get to my office where we are meeting. My fall aches went away overnight. That is a good thing! And with that I'm off to read and drink coffee before I need to get ready! Happy Saturday!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Saturday Morning! Let's become Weekend Losers together! I woke up with a splitting headache but I don't know if its carb withdrawal or PMS symptoms or allergies. Either way, never mind. . I shall zap it with pills, caffienated beverage (I saved my Mocha Mint Coffee for just such an ocassion. . which, if you have a Marshall's by you .check out their coffee. . It is reasonable and usually have a ton of different flavors!) No Carb and delicious!!!)), and a little LCF to start my day! My headache will be history! Weigh in = same. . I'll take it . No gain is fabulous!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are stronger than you think. One little setback is not enough to stop you from achieving your goals. Neither are 100 to 1000 setbacks!! Let's do this!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 189/186/140 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart Feb 2014
Hey u guys!

This is a drive by ranting
All I wanted to do on my saturday morning was get up and have a nice relaxing breakfast before I had to go about my busy day. I got up went to let the dogs (2 of my own and 1 foster puppy) out and open the door and the poor cat was pout there freezing because she must have snuck out when my BF went out about 30 mins earlier so I had 1 cranky cat on my hands and when she is mad she is vocal!

So then I open the kennels for the 2 of the dogs and my dog had peed in her kennel! She is 2 years old! The puppy didn't have any accident so that was good. While I was showering my dog (she is a sheppard cross so too big to bathe easily so showering her is the easiest way to clean her) the puppy went and peed in not 1 not but 2 different places so then I tried to get him and my other dog out and told the female to stay in the washroom and as I am getting them out the girl comes out while my back is turned and shakes water all over my kitchen and the puppy is refusing to go out in the cold so now I am outside wrestling with him in -30 weather in my nightgown and slippers with my hair all over the place and I am sure my neighbours are watching laughing.

So, I finally get to to eat my breakfast and I open the fridge and I am out of SF creamer for my coffee ugh ok fine at least I can eat a good breakfast and then I notice an empty yogurt container sitting on my kitchen counter! A 650ml container I bought 2 days ago and only had a few TBSP's of! At some time after 1am when I went to bed my boyfriend ate my entire container of yogurt! And he knew all I wanted to do was have 1 relaxing hour to eat breakfast this morning and he ate my yogurt! He is not on a diet he looks good and he doesn't even try to eat healthy and he never goes to the gym anymore and he still has a nice body and grrrrr OK rant over I can't really be upset with him for eating yogurt but I can vent about it!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Down .4 today. The closer I get to getting out of the 200s, the better. I am really tired and cold today. I will be so happy when winter is gone. It is always just 3 months of pain and misery for me.

Mim Get it together woman! just joking. Have a great day and don't stress too much.

Mar Your dog shenanigans had me laughing. I have had several of those mornings with my two dogs. They can be such pains sometimes. Good thing I love them so much. Hope your day gets better!

IM Hope your head is feeling better! Jealous of your coffee. I miss drinking it SO much.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #263
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I want a dog! I am going to move by June 1st and I'll be able to have a dog then. I have my eye on a dog in a local shelter but I can't start adoption proceedings until I have a new home!

Ashely - congratulations! And yes, I do need to get it together! I completely went crazy at the wedding. It was a church reception - absolutely no low carb food. I was sitting with friends and ate what they ate. I then came home and sampled while I made a dessert for tomorrow's pot luck. And now I'm feeling miserable. But I shall brush myself off and carry on. My big fear is that because of the way it is snowing we on't have church tomorrow or if we have church we will cancel the potluck and I will have a huge bowl of banana pudding! Oh my!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bratty? You don't drink coffee? Wow.. how do you live? I couldn't get out of bed in the morning if it weren't for thoughts of fresh coffee!!!

Mim. .I'm counting on you to do this with me. . Let's go!!!

Mar! exactly why I only have one little itty bitty dog ..LOL. .
Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #265
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I'm with IM on the coffee. It is a sacred drink!

And yes, IM I am getting it together. I am around the 40 pound lost mark and I need to keep going. I have some ideas to get me back on track - one of which is hanging out here!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

IM I was a HUGE coffee drinker. Literally drank it all day long up till I was asleep. I started getting really bad heart palpitations and it is one of many things I had to give up. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but the heart issues scared the crap out of me.

Mim I did not know you have lost 40 pounds. That is awesome!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #267
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
IM I was a HUGE coffee drinker. Literally drank it all day long up till I was asleep. I started getting really bad heart palpitations and it is one of many things I had to give up. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but the heart issues scared the crap out of me.

Mim I did not know you have lost 40 pounds. That is awesome!
Yup! 40 pounds! I need to get moving on the next 40!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim!! That is great news! You do need to keep it up. .I bet you feel better and look great! Awesome job. .

Has it all been on Stillmans?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aww. .makes sense, Bratty! I really dont' drink a ton . .usually end up tossing 1/2 a pot or so. . but I do so love it!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #270
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Mim!! That is great news! You do need to keep it up. .I bet you feel better and look great! Awesome job. .

Has it all been on Stillmans?
Yes, more or less! I do eat Atkins friendly now and again but for the most part I say on Stillman's.