Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
It takes a lil time but well worth it. I have two recipes, 1 for low carbs and 1 for ZERO CARBS!
This has been around for years in Texas! We make this all the time. down here we call it drunken chicken, some call it dancin chicken but don't know why. But it is a very good dish. The steam from the beer cooks it from the inside out, leaving it tender and juicy
1. A whole chicken
2. A Michalob Ultra (it's lowest in carbs)
or you can use a diet drink (Diet coke/ diet DP) which will make this ZERO CARBS
3. Seasoning of your choice
I use garlic salt, lawry's, and cajun creole
How To Prepare:
1. Wet the chicken
2. Dust the chicken with seasoning and then gently rub them in a little. I put some inside the chicken too.
3. Poor/drink half the beer/diet drink out and poke 4 small whole towards the top of the can
4. place the chicken on the open can, then put on the grill.
5. Let it cook for 2 hrs atleast
6. take it off and enjoy
Number of Servings:
feeds a family
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known:
0- maybe 15 carbs for whole thing depending on if u use beer or diet drink