Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
Brussel Sprouts 12 each
Olive Oil 1 Tsp
Bacon, chopped 4 slices
Shallots, chopped 1 Tbsp
Garlic, minced 2 cloves
Butter 1 Tbsp
Salt and Pepper to taste
How To Prepare:
1. Fill a medium-sized pot with water and salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. While water comes to a boil, put bacon and olive oil in a medium saute pan and slowly render until slightly crisp.
3. Meanwhile, remove any loose leaves from sprouts, trim ends, and score an X on the bottoms. Blanch in boiling water for 2-4 minutes (depending on size) until they can be pierced with a knife without much resistance.
5. Prepare a bowl with ice and cold water. Remove blanched sprouts from boiling water and put in ice bath to stop cooking (1-2 min.). Drain and cut into quarters. Set aside.
6. Add shallots and garlic to bacon. Continue cooking over low heat until softened, 4-5 min.
7. Raise the heat to medium and add brussel sprouts and stir well. Cook for about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
8. Season with salt & pepper and serve.
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: