Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
Per Serving : 190 Calories; 17g Fat ; 5g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber;
Net Carbs: 5g.
This recipe contributed by: Chef Gregory Pryor
1/3 cup Splenda
1/8 cup Brown sugar twin
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups Carbquik
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) softened
3/4 cup Splenda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
How To Prepare:
combine the Splenda and cinnamon in a small cup and set aside
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan and set aside
. 2. To make the cinnamon swirl combine the Splenda and cinnamon in a small cup and set aside.
3. To make the batter mix together the Carbquik, baking powder, baking soda, and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper and set aside. (You can use a small bowl for this instead)
4. In a large bowl cream the butter until light with an electric mixer on high speed. Gradually add the Splenda and continue beating until the mixture is very light and fluffy. Change the mixer speed to medium. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla.
5. Change the mixer speed to low. Alternately beat in the mixed dry ingredients and the sour cream, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and beating only until combined.
6. Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over the top. Repeat with the remaining batter and cinnamon mixture. Drizzle the melted butter over the top. To make the swirl, cut through the batter with a knife several times.
7. Bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let the loaf stand in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen from the sides of the pan, then carefully invert onto the rack and turn right-side-up. Cool completely before serving.
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: