Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Grease a pie pan
- Melt butter in a small frying pan
- Add veal, vegetables and mushroom and fry until veal is browned then allow the mixture to cool a bit
- In a mixing bowl combine fried mixture with cottage cheese, black pepper and egg yolks
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter together until it forms stiff peaks
- Sprinkle seasoning and green onions over the whites and lightly fold together
- Spoon enough egg white to cover the bottom of the pie plate
- Pour egg yolk mixture on top of the whites in the middle of the pie plate
- Spoon the rest of the whites around the yolk and smooth it gently so it partially covers the yolk mixture
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn oven down to 250 and continue baking for 30 minutes
- Times may vary so test the center to be sure the yolk is cooked solid. The whites should be golden brown.
- Note: Veal can be replaced with other chopped meat. Ground meat such as lean hamburger can be used but be sure to drain it well or the added grease will spoil your omelet.