Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
Own Invention Creamy Dreamy Quick & Easy No Bake Strawberry Cheescake
Date of last review
Wed July 7, 2010
Don't be fooled by the simplicity of this recipe! It is absolutely delicious, the best cheesecake I've ever had, and took about 25 minutes before it was on our plates and in our tummys! DH is the most anti-low-carb nazi I know and he absolutely loved it and even went back for seconds!
I used 1 pack of sugar free jello(this contains two mini sachets), but I found the flavour too strong, so I would recommend just ONE SACHET.
Also, I think this cheesecake would be fantastic using any sugar free jello flavour (escpecially LEMON, YUM!).
Would be great with a low carb base, like crushed pecans/butter/almond flour & etc.
I was also wondering if flaxmeal would make a nice base, or maybe even make a 'baked cheesecake' base, and topped it with this no-bake cheesecake.
I'm in Australia, so we use the metric system.
1 cup thickened cream (Heavy whipping cream 6carbs)
1/2 cup sour cream (5carbs)
1 package of cream cheese (mine is 250grams)(6carbs)
1 pack sugar free strawberry jello <b>(0carbs)</b>
1 egg yolk (0.6carbs)
1 cup sugar or it artificial sweetner alternative (I used 10 drops of Sugarless Liquid Sweetner)(0carbs)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence (0carbs)
1/2 cup boiling water (0carbs)
How To Prepare:
1. Place the cream cheese in the microwave to soften. Do not overcook! Just let it soften.
2. Meanwhile, add the SF jello to the boiling water and whisk until well dissolved. Set to aside.
3. Place softened cream cheese in a large bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence and artifical sweetner. Combine well. Whisk in the egg yolk. Continue to whisk. Use a fork to start with until you can use a whisk.
4. Add the sour cream until well combined.
5. Gradually add the dissolved jello, a little at a time, whilst constantly whisking. The mixture will be quite watery, but don't worry!
6. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form (you can tip the bowl upside down and nothing will fall out).
7. Add the cream to the cheesecake mix, half at a time, and roughly fold in so you have a few lump of cream strewn through the mixture.
8. Spray a springform tin with pam and 'flour' with some protein whey powder. This step isnt essential, but makes it easier to lift slices out of the tin.
9. Place in fridge (or freezer, if your impatient like us!!) until firm in centre.
10. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream! YUMMMMMM!
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: