Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
www.lowglycemicrecipes.net Pork Medallions with Apple-Sage Sauce
Date product posted
Sat May 9, 2009
Pork Medallions with Apple-Sage Sauce
1 Pork Tenderloin (about 1 pound)
• 2 C. Granny Smith apples, sliced
• 1 C. plain yogurt
• ½ C. apple juice
• ¼ C. sliced green onions or shallots
• 2 T. unbleached, all-purpose flour
• ½ t. sage
• 2 T. chopped chives
How To Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan, sauté green onions or shallots for 1 minute over medium low heat.
2. Stir in flour and sage, mixing until smooth.
3. Add yogurt and apple juice, slowly, stirring until thickened.
4. Place pork tenderloin in 9 ½ X 13 Pyrex ® glass dish.
5. Pour sauce over pork tenderloin.
6. Tuck apple slices in, partially under pork tenderloin and sauce.
7. Sprinkle with chives.
8. Cover dish and place in oven.
9. Bake, covered until pork is tender, about 55 minutes.
10. Remove pork tenderloin and slice lengthwise into approximately ½ inch pieces.
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: