Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
Yield: Makes 12 servings
Source: Kansas Wheat Commission
Notes: A carb-controlled dessert the whole family can enjoy.
DIABETIC SUNSHINE ORANGE CAKE
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar replacement (Sugar Twin Brown)
- 1 teaspoon sugar replacement (Splenda or Sugar Twin)
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins, or finely chopped fresh apple
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (peel)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened orange juice
How To Prepare:
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat an 8x8x2-inch
baking pan with cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, combine margarine, sweeteners
and egg. Beat on medium speed 2-3 minutes;
scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder,
baking soda and cinnamon. Stir in raisins or apples and
orange zest. Add to first mixture, alternating with the
orange juice, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 18-20 minutes,
or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
120 calories, 6 g total fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium,
15 g total carbohydrate, .5 g dietary fiber, 2 g protein
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat