Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
Here is a recipe for a carb conscious, guilt free sweet snack! As the recipe was orginally found on the Atkins website it is safe to say that the carb count is way low.
The original recipe called for 1/2 cup of soya flour and 1/2 cup of blanched almonds, ground up. The muffins had a net carb count of 1 carb/muffin, but I used 1 cup of carbquik to substitute those, so not much of a change.
1 cup Carbquik (or baking equivalent)
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt*
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup salted butter , at room temperature
¾ cup granular Splenda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How To Prepare:
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Mix Carbquik, cinnamon, salt and baking powder; pulse to combine.
3. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar substitute on until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Fold in dry mixture with a spatula. Beat on a low speed until smooth. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until set in middle. Let the muffins sit for five minutes or until cool enough to remove from pan, and allow time to cool further.
* I used salted butter so I used 1/8 tsp of salt, but if the butter is unsalted, use ¼ tsp of salt.
* I used Butter flavoured Pam, and it really added to the muffins - they are quite small so it saves frm having to smooth an butter on later.
Number of Servings:
Makes 24 mini muffins
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: