Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
California Chicken Rolls
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 breasts)
clear plastic wrap
salt and pepper, to taste
4 slices smoked tavern ham or prosciutto
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup soft goat cheese
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
How To Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 400┬░F.
2. Lay chicken on flat surface. Trim any visible fat, cut breasts in
half, and then butterfly. (To butterfly, lay chicken breast flat.
Start with the thicker side of the breast and slice through center of
chicken. Leave 1/2 inch uncut to hold top and bottom slices together.)
Lay butterflied breasts flat, cover with plastic wrap and pound with
mallet or rolling pin until 1/4-inch thick.
3. Lay out four pieces of plastic about 15 inches long. Place one
pounded chicken breast on each piece of plastic wrap, centered. Salt
and pepper chicken to taste. Wash hands.
4. Add 1 slice ham to each chicken breast.
5. Using a paper towel; pat peppers dry. Divide into four portions and
lay on center of each chicken breast.
6. Divide spinach into four portions and pile loosely on top of peppers.
7. Place 1 tablespoon cheese on top of spinach.
8. Roll chicken around filling. Fold plastic wrap over rolled chicken
and roll until plastic wrap is tightly sealed. Twist ends of wrap and
tuck under chicken roll. (Each roll should be about 2" thick and about
4" long.) Place in microwave-safe baking dish.
9. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
10. Remove chicken from microwave and remove plastic wrap. (To do this
easily, untwist one end, hold vertically and allow chicken to slide
out of plastic.) Place chicken back in baking dish with the seam side
down. Sprinkle with steak seasoning and bake for 25 minutes.
11. For a nice presentation, slice into 3/4-inch thick circles, fan
out on plate and serve.