Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
This is really yummy - I did a search on AllRecipes for a Low-Carb Mushroom soup - and came up with a partial blurb for one you had to pay for access for - so I made up my own from what I read there!!
1/2 medium onion - chopped\
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves garlic - minced
2 cups chopped mushrooms (I used a mix of button & cremini - but all button works great!)
1 sprig rosemary (I used fresh, but about 1 tsp. dried would do the trick)
1 cup chicken stock
2 cups heavy cream
2 egg yolks
Salt & Pepper to taste
How To Prepare:
1. Saute onions in butter until translucent, add garlic and saute until garlic is a bit soft.
2. Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are soft.
3. Add chicken stock & rosemary and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until stock is reduced somewhat.
4. Add cream and bring to a slow boil.
5. Whisk egg yolks in a small bowl, and while whisking add a ladle of hot soup mixture. Whisk that in and repeat this 2 or 3 times more. This will bring the egg yolks up to soup temperature, so it doesn't make scrambled eggs when you add them to the soup!
6. Allow the soup to simmer for about 10 minutes or so - the eggs will thicken it a bit.
7. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known:
Fitday puts the whole recipe at 30g, making it 7.5g Carbs per serving.