Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
A delicious, flavorful, colorful and unique salad. Works well with chicken breasts or any leftover chicken or turkey.
* 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts or any leftover chicken or turkey
* real mayo (The amount used depends on how much chicken you are using.)
* low carb BBQ sauce (I use Carb Options Original or Hickory. The amount used will depend on how much chicken you are using.)
* 1 Tablespoon of minced red bell pepper
* 1 chopped green onion
* 3 ounces (or amount to taste) of cheddar cheese cut into tiny cubes
* chopped celery to taste
* cajun seasoning or Old Bay seasoning
* garlic powder
How To Prepare:
Finely dice the chicken and put it in a medium bowl. Mix in the minced red pepper, green onion, cheese and celery. Next, mix in 2 parts mayo to one part low carb BBQ sauce just until the mixture is moistened. Taste and season with cajun seasoning and garlic powder to taste. Serve as is or on a bed of mixed greens or raw spinach leaves. VERY tasty and very unique. In my non low carb days, I added a few Tablespoons of corn to this salad...however, the salad is also very good without the corn. Our family enjoys this salad so much that sometimes I pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store just to make a large batch of this salad.
Number of Servings:
Varies depending on how much chicken you use.
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known:
Approximately 10.9 net carbs for the whole recipe (carb counts will vary depending on how much mayo and BBQ sauce that you need for the amount of chicken that you are using).