Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
Great for the kids to snack on!
Good on salads!
Good to bring to pot lucks - never a nut left!
Crush up and use for crusts!
Good for a quick cure for sweets!
Great on ice cream!
12 oz. Nuts (I use pecans, walnuts and/or almonds)
1/2 cup powdered Splenda
1/2 cup Davinci Syrup (any flavor is good)
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp spice (I use cinnamon) you can use more spices if desired.
Cookie sheet, lightly greased
How To Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix Splenda and spice(s) together in a small bowl.
3. Put pecans and butter in bowl and toss until nuts are thoroughly coated.
4. Add syrup to bowl and toss until nuts are coated. (the nuts will soak up the syrup)
5. Slowly sprinkle spice into bowl, tossing until nuts are coated evenly.
6. Slowly sprinkle Splenda into bowl, tossing until nuts are coated evenly.
7. Pour contents of bowl onto cookie sheet, forming one even layer.
8. Bake 30 minutes, then begin tossing the nuts every 10 minutes to provide even baking and to avoid burning.
(Do a taste test at 30 minutes, the nuts should be crisp, if they are soft, keep baking!)
9. Bake 10-30 more minutes, until nuts are crisp.
10. Serve warm or cool on cookie sheet, then serve!
Number of Servings:
depends on the nuts used
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: