Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
This is a recipe for an individual serving of low carb baked ziti using Dreamfield's penne pasta.
I make individual servings for myself so I can closely monitor the carbs. You can make this as a family size recipe too. Follow the same directions for layering the ingredients.
1 slice of provolone cheese (1 carb)
2 Tablespoons of sour cream (2 carbs)
1/4 cup of shredded Mozzarella chees (1 carb)
1/2 cup of Carb Options (Ragu) Garden Style Pasta Sauce (5 net carbs) or Hearty Italian Style with Sausage (5 net carbs)
3/4 cup (dry) Dreamfields Penne (5 digestable carbs)
(you could also add some chopped onion to sauce if you prefer and some ground beef depending on your sauce choice)
Total net carbs: 9 (plus 5 digestable carbs)
1 lb. of pasta
1 onion chopped
l pound ground beef
2 jars of pasta sauce(26 ounce size)
6 ounces of provolone cheese
1 1/2 cups of sour cream
6 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese.
How To Prepare:
1. Boil and drain pasta.
2. Layer half the pasta at the bottom of a small casserole dish (mine was a 4" round dish).
3. Place the slice of provolone on top of the pasta.
4. Spread the 2 tbls. sour cream on top of the provolone.
5. Pour 1/4 cup (half) of the sauce on top of the sour cream.
6. Layer the rest of the pasta on top of the sauce.
7. Sprinkle 1/2 the mozzarella on top of the pasta
8. Pour last of the sauce on top of the mozzerella.
9. Sprinkle the last of the mozzarella on top of the sauce.
Bake at 350 until cheese on top is melted. Btwn 15-25min.
Number of Servings:
individual or approx 8 servings for family size
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: