Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
Bree stuffed grilled portabella mushrooms for festive eating. A whole mushroom makes a main course, 1/2 makes a good side dish or 1/4 makes a good snack.
1/2 cup parsley
1 tablespoon basil
2 tablespoons ground almond
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 portabella mushrooms
8 oz bree cheese at room temperature
How To Prepare:
Preparation is in two parts:
Part 1 - Pesto Garnish
- Combine all but oil, mushrooms and bree and mix in small blender or food processor.
- With blender still going, slowly add oil until it is smooth.
- Place in a bowl, cover and put in fridge to chill until needed.
Part 2 - Stuff Mushrooms
- Remove the rind from the bree being careful to get as little of the soft cheese as possible.
- Chop the rind into small pieces.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely.
- Mix the chopped stems and bree rind.
- Preheated oven to 350F [180C].
- Lightly saute the mushrooms on both sides in a small bit of butter or oil.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the soft bree and cover cheese evenly the stem and rind mixture.
- Top each mushroom with 1 or 2 tablespoons pesto garnish.
- Place mushrooms [cheese and garnish side up] on a baking sheet and cook in oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow a couple minutes to cool before serving.
A portabella mushroom is fairly large so if you serve a whole mushroom per person it will be an main dish, or you can cut them in half as side dishes. If you like they can even be quartered.
Number of Servings:
8, 16 or 32
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known:
4 to 5 grams [2 to 2.5 as side dish or 1 to 1.25 as snack]