Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
4-5 zucchini, cut in slices on the diagonal
1 jar low-carb spaghetti sauce
1-2 T fresh basil, chopped
16 oz. container ricotta cheese
8 oz. mozzarella cheese (or italian blend)
1 clove crushed garlic
salt and pepper to taste
parmesan cheese (optional)
How To Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Blend the cheeses and garlic.
3. Spread 1/4 C of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a baking dish.
4. Layer one-third of the zucchini slices over the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Spread one-third of the cheese mixture over the zucchini. Spread one-third of the remaining sauce over the cheese.
5. Repeat zucchini slices, seasoning, cheese and sauce twice more.
6. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top if desired.
7. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover, turn oven up to 350 degrees and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or zucchini is tender and sauce is bubbly.