Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
mercers Atkins Roasted Cauliflower and Almond Cream Soup
Date of last review
Wed March 2, 2011
100% of reviewers
1 head cauliflower, florets cut int 1/4" slices
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg (8 oz) slivered almonds
6 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
6 tablespoons olive oil,divided
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 med onion, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
How To Prepare:
Roasted Cauliflower and Almond Cream Soup (Net Carb 5.5 gm)
Roasting cauliflower brings out its sweetness and imparts a nutty undertone, which is picked up by the almonds. This rich, ivory-colored soup makes an elegant start to any meal.
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Toss cauliflower floret slices with 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on 2 baking sheets. Roast 45 minutes, until browned. Turn once or twice during cooking time.
2. Remove cauliflower from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Arrange 2 tablespoons of almonds on a baking sheet and bake 5 minutes, until lightly browned; set aside.
3. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, until translucent. Add remaining almonds and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth and roasted cauliflower. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.
5. In a food processor fitted with a steel blade (or in a blender), puree soup in batches. Return pureed soup to pot. Stir in cream and 1 cup water. Cook on low a few minutes, just to heat through. To serve, divide soup in bowls and garnish with toasted almonds.
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: