Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
Betty Otten Easy Lime Panna Cotta (Italian Cream Custard)
Date product posted
Mon January 26, 2004
1 packet gelatin
1/4 cup water
Another 3 Tablespoons water to dissolve gelatin
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cp Splenda or Stevia
1 Tablespoon lime juice
2 Tablespoons grated lime peel (optional)
How To Prepare:
Although panna cotta translates as "cooked cream," in fact, you heat the heavy cream only long enough to dissolve the gelatin.
1. Set out six 6-oz dessert cups. (Can use dessert molds, but cups are easier.)
2. In a 1/4 cp measuring cup, add the 3 Tablespoons of water and sprinkle the packet of gelatin over the top. Mix. In 5-7 minutes, the gelatin will be softened.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream, 1/4 cup water, sugar substitute, lime juice, and optional grated lime peel. Stir occasionally until starts to steam- do not boil!
4. Remove from heat, stir in the gelatin mixture, and mix well.
5. Divide mixture among the six dessert cups or molds.
6. Chill until firm (about one hour). Serve with optional lime peel garnish.
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: