Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
1 medium Spaghetti Squash (about 5 cups strands)
1 1/2 cups Fresh Basil Leaves, packed
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
3/4 cup Olive Oil
3 cloves Garlic
How To Prepare:
----- For The Squash -----
1. Cut Spaghetti squash in half lengthwise
2. Place each half face down on a microwave safe plate
3. Microwave on medium high until you can indent the skin with your finger. Do not overcook. (about 12 minutes). You want the strands to be"al dente" .
4. Allow halves to cool.
5. Remove seeds.
6. With a large fork pull the strands from the inside, working lengthwise.
----- For the Pesto -----
1. Add Basil, cheese, and garlic to the food processor.
2. Chop using pulse action.
3. Add olive oil and pulse until well belnded.
4. Toss Pesto with strands of spaghetti squash.
5. To Serve: Garnish with a sprig of Basil
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known:
Registered: December 2001 Location: Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains... Posts: 564
Review Date: Sun October 15, 2006
Would you recommend the product? Yes |
Price you paid?: None indicated
| Rating: 0
Positive aspects of the product (pros):
I just harvested my basil before the cold weather hits. I plan to make a lot of pesto and freeze it in small quantities. We love spagetti squash and I'll definitely try it with pesto! Thanks for the meal idea!
Powered by: Reviewpost Copyright 2009 All Enthusiast, Inc.
Featured Low Carb Products!
Please support our sponsor by purchasing your low carb foods at
Netrition.com to ensure that we can continue to provide this
service for FREE!