Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
I know that we've all had BLTs before...after I had this one...I will NEVER miss traditional BLTs again! This is surely my new favorite lunch!!
* One low carb flat bread ( see this link for the recipe by tyler43836: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=323787&highlight=pizza+crust )
* 1/2 of a small tomato (I use roma), thinly sliced, seeds discarded
* 1/2 cup of romaine lettuce (or the lettuce of your choice)
* 2 strips of crispy bacon
* Carb Options Vinegarette (optional)
* real mayo
* minced garlic
* thinly sliced avocado (optional)
How To Prepare:
Make the flat bread according to the recipe in the link provided above...instead of toasting it to make a pizza crust, I left it soft for this recipe so that it could be easily folded over. Make sure that you use enough water when making your flatbreads so that they fold easily in half without breaking or cracking. Mix mayo in a small bowl with minced garlic to taste. Set aside. Drizzle about a tablespoon full of vinegarette over the flatbread (optional). Smear on some garlic mayo and top with lettuce, tomato, bacon and avocado (optional). Fold the flatbread and eat it as a sandwich. It is really fantastic.
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known:
Approximately less than 7 carbs per serving if you use 1 Tbls. of mayo and no optional items.