Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
Kitchen at Johnsonville Low carb succulent squash laced with pepper
Date product posted
Thu February 5, 2004
Craving an Italian pasta treat? Then try this dish that uses low carb spaghetti squash instead of pasta. Sweet basil-seasoned sausage, sherry and fennel give this recipe a sweet, yet savory edge.
· 1 (19.76 ounce pkg.) Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage remove casing, crumble, cook and drain
· 2 Tbsp. olive oil
· 2 Tbsp. garlic
· 1/2 cup green onion, diced
· 1½ cups fresh fennel (anise), sliced
· 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
· 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
· 1/2 cup yellow pepper, diced
· 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
· 6 Tbsp. cooking sherry, divided
· Salt and pepper to taste
How To Prepare:
Place olive oil into a large pan; add garlic, onion, fennel and peppers, sauté until tender. Add diced tomato and 3 tablespoons of cooking sherry into pan and cook until warm. Combine with sausage mixture, salt and pepper to taste. Blend in 3 additional tablespoons of cooking sherry into mixture prior to serving over spaghetti squash.
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: