Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
1 egg yolk
(or use egg substitute equal to 2 large eggs -
it takes more of the substitute for some reason)
2 teaspoons lemon juice -- or use vinegar of choice
1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
1 clove garlic -- optional
1/2 cup oil
(I use 1/2 olive oil 1/2 canola blend oil)
How To Prepare:
Here's the basic mayonnaise recipe:
In blender place egg yolk and everything but the oil. Start blender and let it puree everything for about 15 seconds, then very slowly drizzle the oil in. If you go fast, the mayo will break -so take your time Once that's done, let it blend for a few seconds and viola! You have mayonnaise!
Use the basic recipe above and add:
1. small tin of green chilis -rinse well(I don't like the slimy water in them) and add 1/2 to the start of the mayonnaise then stir in the rest at the end if you want some chunks in it). Finish by stiring in 1T chopped cilantro if desired.
2. Blue cheese: add 2-3 oz crumbled blue cheese at the end and pulse until smooth.
3. Dill (excellent on fish): add 1 Tablespoon dried dill to the start and finish with 1T snipped fresh dill stirred in.
4. Salsa mayo: at the end with blender running, add 2T salsa. Turn blender off and stir in 2 more tablespoons salsa.
5. Extra garlic mayo: increase cloves of garlic to 4.
6. Roasted garlic mayo(excellent on fish or as a dip!): add additional 1/4 tsp pepper and 1T red wine vinegar along with 1 head roasted garlic out of the skin. Add parsely at the end for color.
7. Roasted red pepper mayo(sweet and tasty!): use canned or fresh roasted red bell pepper. Dice about 1/4 of the pepper very finely along with 2T parsley. Roughly chop the remaining pepper and add it to the mayo at the end and pulse until smooth. Stir in the parsley and diced pepper.
8. Raspberry mayonnaise (kind of an aquired taste. Use for dipping veggies or mix with a little cream/water to make a salad dressing): Leave the garlic out of the basic mayo and add 1/4 cup frozen raspberries that have been thawed along with 2 packets artificial sweetener. Once that's smooth, add the oil as above. You can roughly chop some mint and add it to the finished product if desired.
9. Basil mayo(excellent tossed w/zucchini 'pasta'): To the basic recipe above add 1/4 cup basil leaves. Puree until smooth then add the oil. Garlic may also be increased if desired.
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: