Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil. Spray with olive oil.
3. Put a fine wire mesh colander or strainer in a large bowl and pour in two large cans of whole, peeled tomatoes.
4. By hand, split open the tomatoes and scrape out the seeds into the colander. Squeeze out as much juice as you can. Watch out for spritzing. Reserve the tomato juice
5. As you seed each tomato, place it inside-up on the cookie pan.
6. Sprinkle the tomatoes with two tablespoons Splenda. Bake at 450 for 30 minutes.
7. Remove tomatoes from oven and let cool to the touch.
8. Melt four tablespoons butter in a large sauce pan until foamy. Add shallots, one tablespoon tomato paste and a pinch of allspice. Mix well, cover, lower heat to very low and let shallots sweat for 10 minutes.
9. Put tomatoes and enough juice in a blender to puree. Puree and add to pot with chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat to medium low, cover pot and simmer for about 10 minutes.
10. Add 1/2 cup cream and 2 tablespoons dry sherry. Add a pinch of cayenne, mix well and serve.
Number of Servings:
8 one-cup servings
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known:
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 120 Calories; 12g Fat (88.0% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber.