Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
For those who loved potato salad before starting the low carb lifestyle, there is no reason to miss it anymore. This version made with cauliflower is very comprable and you can add your own twists to make it your own!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into small florets (or one bag frozen cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 3 green onions or 1/2 small yellow or purple onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2-3 strips of crispy bacon, crumbled
- 6-8 black olives, sliced
- 1 medium dill pickle
- Garlic Salt
How To Prepare:
1. Cook the cauliflower in a large pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water and 'chop' or 'mash' depending on your preference. I find that cooking the cauliflower until very tender and then mashing it makes for the best consistency.
2. Place cauliflower in a large bowl and add in all other ingredients. Mix well until evenly coated. Add salt, pepper, garlic salt, and any other spices you would like. Serve warm or chill 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
This salad can also be made with bright green broccoflower, a hybrid of cauliflower and broccoli (for a twist). Feel free to double or triple up the recipe for company. Enjoy!
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: