Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
This is one I have created over time. StarCollector's Superb Tuna Salad
Date of last review
Tue January 27, 2009
100% of reviewers
This is a simple version of tuna salad. You may want to modify some ingredients to accommodate your taste. I have this recipe several times for my friends and co-workers. They love it the way I make it but each to their own.
1 can of tuna drained
½ cup of dill pickles (You may want to use sweet pickles but I have found that dill pickles have 0 carbs in them)
1 tablespoon of onion bits (I used the onions found in the spice aisle in the grocery store. This keeps me from having to chop up an onion.)
1 table spoon of ACCENT seasoning (This is a VERY important ingredient. I have made this without it one time and it didnt taste as good)
1 boiled egg
¼ cup of mayonnaise
How To Prepare:
1. First open the can of tuna.
2. Use a can strainer to drain the tuna.
3. Place the tuna into a small bowl.
For the next couple of steps, I would recommend using a Mini Chopper or some kind of chopper.
4. Place the pickles into the mini chopper.
5. Chop the pickles into tiny pieces.
6. Then put the tiny pieces of pickle in the bowl with the tuna.
7. Follow the same procedure with the boiled egg. After chopping the boiled egg into tiny pieces, place it into the bowl with the tuna.
8. Sprinkle ACCENT into the bowl.
9. Add the onion bits.
10. Add the mayonnaise.
11. Mix all ingredients together
12. REFRIDGERATE FOR AT LEAST 2 HOUR BEFORE SERVING! Refrigeration is the key to this process.
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: