Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon margarine
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped pimiento
Nonstick spray coating
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1-1/2 pounds large fresh mushrooms (about 20)
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
How To Prepare:
1. Thaw spinach, then drain well by squeezing excess liquid from it. Meanwhile, spray a cold 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick coating. Set baking pan aside.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms. Set tops aside. Chop enough mushroom stems to make 2 cups. In a 10-inch skillet cook chopped mushroom stems, onion, and garlic in margarine until onion is tender but not browned. Add thawed spinach. Cook over low heat until most of the liquid is evaporated.
3. Stir Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, pimiento, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper into spinach mixture. Spoon mixture into mushroom tops.
4. Place stuffed mushroom tops in the prepared baking pan. Bake in a 425 degree F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Makes about 20 servings.
5. Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare stuffing and spoon into mushroom caps; cover and chill up to 2 hours.
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: