Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
www.lowglycemicrecipes.net Asparagus Artichoke Mushroom Chicken in White Wine Sauce
Date product posted
Sat May 9, 2009
Asparagus Artichoke Mushroom Chicken in White Wine Sauce
• 2 Fresh boneless Chicken Breasts
• 1 can Artichoke Hearts, rinsed and drained (about 8.5 ounces)
• 1 Small Sweet Onion – chopped
• 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 cup Mushrooms – sliced
• 8 medium asparagus spears, rinsed
• 3 Tbsp. Dry White Wine
• 2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
• 2-3 Tbsp water, as needed
• 2 sprigs fresh parsley
How To Prepare:
1. Place Extra Virgin Olive Oil in medium size skillet. Add onion, White Wine and garlic. Cover with tight fitting lid and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
2. Remove cover and stir, adding 2-3 Tbsp water as needed.
3. Rinse and add chicken breasts to skillet. Replace cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Stir sauce and turn chicken breasts, spooning additional sauce over breasts and adding 2 Tbsp water again if needed to keep moist.
5. Add asparagus spears, artichoke hearts and mushrooms,
6. Replace cover, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs.
8. Serve hot,
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: