Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
1 whole chicken -- skin on
1 can lite beer
2 sticks butter
4 tablespoons cajun seasoning
salt and pepper -- to taste
relatively cool grill with good smoke supply
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 tablespoon parsley -- or cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup green onion -- chopped
1/4 cup white wine
1 tbsp lemon juice
How To Prepare:
1. Melt butter in sauce pan
2. Add oil
3. Add onion and saute for a couple of minutes
4. Add three tbsp of cajun seasoning (e.g. Tony Chachere's)
5. Add worstchechire sauce
6. Add lemon juice
7. Add 1/2 can of beer
8. Add parsely or cilantro (this will help the sop stay on the chicken.
9. Rub chicken with remaining cajun seasoning, salt & pepper
10. Place 1/2 full can of beer up rear of chicken (yes, up the chicken's butt). This allows the chicken to remain upright when cooking as you will set can on the grill.
11. Mop chicken with sop (butter mixture)
12. Place chicken and can on grill and cook slowly (200 degrees for several hours) until done. Continue to baste with sop.
13. Try using wood instead of charcoal, the flavor is much, much better.
The secret is that while you are smoking the chicken from the outside, the beer left in the can will keep the chicken tender and juicy from the inside. This creates an extremely moist chicken and is well worth the wait.
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: