Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
3 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch -- divided
5 teaspoons soy sauce -- divided
5 teaspoons sherry -- divided (I use additional chicken broth)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 boneless skinless chicken breast -- cut into bite-size pieces
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar -- (I use white)
2 Tablespoons chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar -- (adds a little carbs, but well worth it!)
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil -- divided
1/2 cup peanuts -- salted (I don't use while we're on the diet)
6 small dried hot chiles -- (6 to 8) I use 2-3 large ones
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger -- minced - I don't use this
2 green onion -- with tops, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
How To Prepare:
1. for marinade, combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sherry (I use chicken broth), and salt in large bowl; mix well. Add chicken; stir to coat well. Let stand 30 minutes at room
temperature. Any longer than that, refrigerate.
2. Combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, 3 teaspoons soy sauce, 3 teaspoons sherry (again, I use chicken broth), vinegar, chicken broth and sugar in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add peanuts; cook and stir until lightly toasted. Remove peanuts from wok; set aside.
4. Heat remaining 2 Tablespoons oil in wok over medium heat. Add chili peppers; stir-fry until peppers just begin to char, about 1 minute.
5. Increase heat to high. Add chicken mixture; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add ginger; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 1 minute.
6. Add peanuts and onions; stir-fry 1 minute.
7. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to wok. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
8. Garnish if desired with green onion tops.
Number of Servings:
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: