Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
Good on a cold morning when you miss a nice steaming bowl of regular hot cereal. It's good without the pumpkin as well.
1/2 C ricotta cheese
1/4 C pumpkin puree'
Sweetener and flavorings to taste
2 T flax seed meal (optional)
How To Prepare:
This cooks on the stove. It goes fastest in a non-stick skillet.
1) Mix up the ricotta with water to thin it out - quite thin if you want to add flax seed meal, which thickens it a lot.
2) Add an egg and beat well (use a whisk) - you don't want a lot of strings of egg white.
3) Add the pumpkin and salt.
4) Sweeten to taste and add cinnamon and nutmeg or whatever. Da Vinci's Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup is good on it too.
5) Stir while heating on medium heat. When it goes "grainy", that's the egg cooking. Stir in the flax seed meal at this point.