Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
A yummy alternative to the same old eggs and bacon rountine!
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 2 slices lowcarb bread
• 1/4 cup diced meat of your choice
• 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup half & half or heavy cream
Dash black pepper
How To Prepare:
1. Lightly coat a 16- to 20-ounce casserole with cooking spray. Tear bread into bite-size pieces; place half of the bread in the prepared dish.
2. Sprinkle meat and cheese over bread. Top with the remaining torn bread.
3. In a small bowl beat together eggs, 1/2 & 1/2 or cream, and pepper. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread; press bread with the back of a spoon to be sure it is completely moistened. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
4. Bake in a 325 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving