Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
Wonderful medley of greens that are low-carb,high in fiber and delicious!! Tastes even better the second day.
1 lb of frozen whole okra
1 lb of frozen cut okra
1 small head of cabbage, medium sized shredded
2 16oz bag of spinach
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1 medium white onion
1/2 small strip of HOT WATER RINSED boneless salted codfish (optional seasoning)
Adobo seasoning, to taste(not needed if fish used)
Coarsely ground Black Pepper
2 T canola oil
water (as needed)
dash of hot red pepper flakes (optional)
How To Prepare:
- Saute green/red peppers with onions in canola oil in 2 quart pot.
- Add cabbage and 2tablespoons of water. Mix well with rubber spatula
- Once cabbage is wilted, add strip of rinsed cod fish. Mix well
- Add okra and continue to mix gently. Add 2 tablespoons of water IF sticking to pot occurs
- After okra/cabbage is tender, add spinach. As spinach wilts continue stirring and add pepper flakes, stir until spinach is done (approximately 3 minutes)