Welcome to the LCF Recipe Room!
You can edit the recipes that you enter - as well as rate and give
reviews of other recipes. Log in with your bulletin board account
in order to add/review/print recipes.
Enjoy the 4,000+ Low Carb Recipes!!!
3 cups chopped broccoli -- cooked, drained, cooling
1/2 cup chopped onion -- favorite color
3 tablespoons butter -- (or less)
1 1/2 tablespoons soy flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
pepper and nutmeg to taste (pinch)
1/2 cup heavy cream
with enough water to equal 2/3 cup liquid
4 slices cooked bacon -- crumbled or cut in
2 ounces shredded swiss cheese
How To Prepare:
9" pie plate sprayed with non-stick spray
375 degrees, 25 minutes
1. Set aside cooked broccoli
2. Saute onions gently in butter, when tender add soy flour and cook a
couple more minutes.
3. Whisk together eggs, cream & water. Blend in salt and spices.
4. Combine egg mix, prepared vegetables and cheese.
5. Pour into prepared pie plate.
6. Bake until puffed and browned.
Personal notes: Next time I will increase the 2 oz cheese to 4 oz because I
want the swiss flavor more pronounced. Also I think this would make a great
appetizer if baked in a 7 x 11" chilled and cut into small squares, served
cold or reheated. Very pretty if topped with small strips of pimento or red
bell pepper laced through a slice of black olive?
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: