Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tricia84
So simple yet I fail…please help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all! Well here goes my story 
I’m 30, been married for 6 years and desperately want a family. I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early 20’s. Thin hair, fat belly, acne, facial hair, pain emotional roller coaster all that I will slam out of the ballpark any day and with a smile! The infertility on the other hand is a much more difficult pill to swallow.
I’ve never seemed to be able to stick with low carbing long enough to truly feel its healing ability.

There are a few rock hard facts that just keep me coming back!

1) The longest I ever did low carbing was in my teens and it was the only period in my entire life that I was able to have a menses not provoked by doctors.
2) Nothing and I mean nothing else changes the scale as quickly and steady as low carbing! I’ve been 290 and am 230 through sporadic low carbing over the last 5 years
3) All these “paleo babies” and low carb pregnancy success stories just can’t all be fake! There must be (there is) a relation to healing PCOS/ insulin resistance through denying the body unrefined carbs
4) And last is the proof… I eat a plate of carbs and will immediately feel tiered, bloated, uncomfortable, running to the bathroom and just without energy in general. On the other hand after 2 days of low carbing I feel amazing, energetic with life and desire to be productive with my time. Not to mention no more bathroom issues and any cramps/bloating is gone!

This isn’t rocket science. Eat this feel/look like crap, but eat this and life is sparkles and rainbows with hopes of babies in the future! Why Why why can’t I stick to it! I feel selfish and just low for not being able to do this for my husband and the possibility of a family! I’m well on the road to many more health issues if I don’t get the weight off. Not only for the dream of starting a family but for my own individual health low carbing seems to be as close to a cure all as I can get! It’s beyond a proven fact (I've had much blood work and test done while LC and while not LC it’s not a theory it is proven by Dr’s and myself being a witness first hand to the change) that restricting carbs immediately lessons my insulin resistant and a variety of other bothersome issues so why I can’t seem to stay with it for more than a week or so has me heart broken.

I have no support at all, and so many people around think I’m nuts. I came here looking for a group or individual to help me stay accountable. Tell me thir success stores, what helped them and what didn’t.I need support I want this so bad I can taste it….

Please help
Tricia84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2014, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pudgy7
Stats: 209/203/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 11-01-2014
Hi Tricia, just wanted to say that you can do this! Your best bet is to not bring anything into the house that could derail you. If your husband wants a family as bad as you do, hopefully he will support you, show him data if you can. It's hard to get others to support you with this way of eating, in the end, it is up to you. Be your own best friend lol. Every time you reach for something carby, picture the baby you want so badly in your arms, that's a pretty powerful deterrent. God Bless!
Proverbs 4:23

Goal: Being patient! LOL
pudgy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

This site has been a huge blessing so far! I struggle with mental cravings, I’m not hungry at all or need anything to eat I just WANT. I find coming on this site and just scrolling around really helps! I tend to be an all or nothing gal which is really just a cop out when it comes to eating. “ooops I had a piece of toes today is ruined might as well boil some pasta and just start tomorrow” NO! Not doing that anymore, “oops had that toast let’s try and be extra good to make up for it” Just a few minutes ago saw a post that said “ I stalled my way all the way to a 50 lb loss” Loving this place so far, can’t wait to get home and do some low carb cooking 
Old 11-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Toes that's awesome lol I meant toast....
Old 11-19-2014, 01:45 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: starry sky
You can do this! And I second the get EVERYTHING that is not allow out of reach because if it is around that is what you eat. And yes, every time you start to reach for something carby remind yourself of your goals, baby and health. Make sure to keep legal snacks handy! You will succeed!
starry sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:11 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Food Lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia84 View Post
Toes that's awesome lol I meant toast....
I totally laughed.

I agree with whomever said that you shouldn't even bring problem foods home. I am soooo with that. I used to bring ice cream home intending to eat a serving and the next thing I knew my spoon was at the bottom as I was eating out of the container. It is self-denial for sure because those foods have such a hold on us. It's always a choice, every moment. You always have a choice. If you mess up, move forward. Adjust the rest of your menu for the day if you can to make up for it a bit.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: msburry
Stats: 170/167/135
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 11/11/14
I have a friend who has PCOS and she has had 3 children, all conceived while doing the low-carb thing. She has since found out that she has wheat and corn allergies, so the systemic inflammation caused by those allergies only aggravated the PCOS situation. She has now kept her weight down for years due to removing unnecessary carbs from her diet. You CAN do it and amazing blessing like hers CAN happen to you.
***BUT***YOU have to do it for YOU! Do it so that YOU feel better, so you feel healthy, so you can have the things you want in life. This is so much about you telling yourself that you are worth the effort, the self-care and your own love. YOU are worth keeping your word to yourself that you will stay on plan.
msburry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronnie51
Have you discussed taking Metformin with your doctor? I've heard that it's a wonder drug for women with PCOS as far as increasing their insulin sensitivity and fertility.
Ronnie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
You are 230, this is very doable. You need to just mentally get you head in the game. I bet with six months of strict low carb eating, you will be pregnant. Six months! You can do that.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Not tempting yourself by not having certain substances in your house is one of the best lines of defense. If you have do have stuff around because of other members of your household, create a strong mental fence around it that says "not mine." It can be hard, but once you get in the habit it gets a lot easier . . . . you will not want to endanger your progress. Good luck. Do stay tuned here, as I find it is NOT a time waster, but essential to maintain my focus.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote