Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jesse1981
New, pregnant & trying keep lower carb

Hello all, I joined this site recently and have been poking around. Happy to see this area for women only.

I am 33, pregnant with #3 and morbidly obese. I weighed the same when I gave birth to my lil one in May 2013 as I did when I got pregnant this time. Due Nov 7th. Was 343 this morning. 330 when got pregnant. Had gotten to 280 after I had her but I ate way too much while nursing and tried to justify it because I was trying to stay awake, then I felt hungry all the time, etc etc excuses.

My issue is I am so addicted to carbs. Whenever I used to binge eat, it was almost always carbs the entire binge. Pasta to sweets like donuts, and cereal. I was about 340 when we went on a visit out of state to visit my family. Only gone 10 DAYS and I gained 20 pounds! Crazy. So now that I have got rid of that, I am trying to stay away from carb laden foods but without with holding myself so much that I crave and binge. So more lean meats and veggies for meals instead of pasta or potatoes as the base. Also doing some easy walking on the treadmill a few days a week lately as I live in FL and the humidity has been too hard for doing a lot outdoors for me.

Need to do better this time around as was already so heavy when got pregnant. I was 253 when I got pregnant end of 2012 but lost them in April and I gained over 50 pounds from binging thru the grief. I know I can get healthier, I know I can stick to it for some time. I'm hoping joining sites like this one will help me thru those times I am about to backslide.

So hello to you all
Jesse1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

One week sticking to my calorie goals. Proud of myself Tried zucchini 'noodles' yesterday for first time with some spaghetti sauce, pretty tasty now that I know to salt and let them drain first!
Old 08-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chris112775
Stats: 231/226/160
WOE: Lower Carb
Start Date: 11/12/2011
Hi Jesse - I'm also pregnant (20 weeks) and obese (226lbs today) I've gained close to 20lbs already since being pregnant - I'm trying to stick to low carb while pregnant and incorporating a few fruits

I live in Florida too - so I completely understand the heat - SOOO hot out

Just wanted to wish you well - maybe we can support eachother thru this

Good luck to you!
chris112775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Congrats on your pregnancy I am not counting carbs but trying to opt for protein over sweets and high carb options. I am finding what is helping right now is saving calories for night time when I want to eat more and having a burger with veggies, no bun, instead of pastries or cereal like I usually eat late night
I don't have any sweet drinks and mostly water with a diet soda sometimes. Will be drinking OJ tomorrow for my 3d Ultrasound though to make sure she is active in there
Old 08-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chris112775
Stats: 231/226/160
WOE: Lower Carb
Start Date: 11/12/2011
awesome! good luck with 3D US today - hope all goes well.

are you finding that you are gaining less each week? losing? maintaining?

I know they say it isn't healthy to not gain weight during pregnancy but I was really hoping to stay under the 30lbs mark for my WHOLE pregnancy. having gained 18lbs and only being halfway there I don't know if that will happen.

I had pre-eclampsia with my daughter and gained 60lbs, so trying to be healthier but it is so darn hard.
chris112775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, it's tomorrow morning
I was gaining at first and after going out of state to visit my family and returning to find I had gained 20 pounds I decided to actively try to lose. So I have been slowly losing and lost that 20. I joined the daily weigh in group here via the century group in the hope it will help me stay a little more accountable even though its just to myself. With weighing the same when I conceived this time as I was when I was 9 months with my others, my goal is to gain nothing by the time its over. It is getting harder lately but the plan it to be same weight on day I have her as I was when I conceived. I know about 15-20 lbs will be baby, fluids, etc but that's my goal.