Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 02:02 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ZEP1959
fibroids ????

hi there i am looking for advise as i am new here 4 weeks ago i was diagnosed with a medium sized uterine fibroid, i have lost 7 pounds in my 14 day induction and i feel better and my clothes are fitting better, but still got obvious bump in my lower tummy, what i want to know is will this effect my weight loss hormonaly (sorry about spelling), does anyone know thanks xxx
ZEP1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I have no idea. You may want to try posting this on the health forum. Here is a link....

General Health/Medical Issues - Low Carb Friends
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/250/200
Start Date: December 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEP1959 View Post
hi there i am looking for advise as i am new here 4 weeks ago i was diagnosed with a medium sized uterine fibroid, i have lost 7 pounds in my 14 day induction and i feel better and my clothes are fitting better, but still got obvious bump in my lower tummy, what i want to know is will this effect my weight loss hormonaly (sorry about spelling), does anyone know thanks xxx
Hi! I have two HUGE (9 cm and 7 cm) fibroids which I refer to as Thing 1 and Thing 2. They are shrinking according to the sono I had a few months ago, however, I believe it's due to menopause not what I'm eating. I do not think having fibroids is affecting my weight loss. It would be a good idea to ask your MD and see what he/she has to say.
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ZEP1959
hi i have just read your reply, and my consultant also said my fibroid is 9cm, i have to go back to see the dr on the 18th june to decide what we will do about it, i am 52 years old and was told it may shrink when i hit menopause, but i have been given so many treatment options i cant even think straight, i will defiently keep on with atkins but i think some of the fibroid symptons are getting me down xxxx
ZEP1959 is offline   Reply With Quote