Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/womens-health/)
-   -   Menopausal Women Heeeelp! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/womens-health/822325-menopausal-women-heeeelp.html)

Bluqq 02-07-2014 05:20 AM

Menopausal Women Heeeelp!

I'm just a mess :laugh:
My period was coming every two weeks and now it's been 6 weeks
I gained my normal 5 pounds of water overnight and my chest hurt (and it hasn't been) ....all signs that it was coming aaaaaaany minute. Well...that was last week and today I hopped on the scale....lost 6 pounds (the water) and my chest is pain free but no period :dunno:

Anyone else experience this bizarre stuff?
I have this feeling that I'm skipping this month. Usually I lose the water gain on the 3rd day of Tom

doxielvr 02-07-2014 05:41 AM

Hang on for a long bumpy ride - are you having trouble sleeping? getting night sweats? hot flashes? I didn't get a period for a whole year and then had one again. Now I'm finally done.

abbynormal 02-07-2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxielvr (Post 16790337)
...I didn't get a period for a whole year and then had one again...

You probably heard me cussing last month for that very reason. A YEAR. Actually 53 weeks and boom.

moonriver 02-07-2014 06:30 AM

I don't wanna hear that! I'm just coming up on twelve months this month!!

Terilynn 02-07-2014 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxielvr (Post 16790337)
Hang on for a long bumpy ride - are you having trouble sleeping? getting night sweats? hot flashes? I didn't get a period for a whole year and then had one again. Now I'm finally done.

:)
Don't hold your breath - I hadn't had a period in a year and a half - - and poof, there one was again.

I now totally understand menopause babies!

CurlsNCuffs 02-07-2014 06:41 AM

All normal.

My periods are now a guessing game, I'm always ready!

No sweats though.

Aerogirl 02-07-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonriver (Post 16790383)
I don't wanna hear that! I'm just coming up on twelve months this month!!

Oh man me neither! It's 11 months for me. I've been lucky though. I'm not having any hot flashes thank God. I just turned 53 so hopefully Auntie Flo has forgotten my address. lol

Denise78 02-07-2014 06:52 AM

53 here and I get a period once or twice a year. I always think, this is the last one and 6 months or a year later...here it is again! I don't get daily hot flashes but with this cold weather, I am welcoming the random ones I get! My husband is bundled up in sweatshirts, sweatpants, socks, and an electric blanket. I've got bare feet and a short sleeve shirt and complaining about how warm I am. Crazy! :laugh:

LayMiz 02-07-2014 07:44 AM

Keep up with the dates. You have to remember the date of your last period, when it really is your last period, because doctors will always ask you---like forever. April 2001.

Bluqq 02-07-2014 08:04 AM

Yes Linda I get all the symptoms and have for awhile

Bluqq 02-07-2014 08:28 AM

I think what's freaking me out is how all the dings were there and just disappeared but no period

LINC 02-07-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluqq (Post 16790594)
I think what's freaking me out is how all the dings were there and just disappeared but no period

I also went a whole year and then got a surprise. Yes, I got the dings too. The cramps, all of it. And, it would come and go at will. Usually when I had something fun planned, like a cruise. Or a vacation. Or Valentine's Day. :annoyed: It's a guessing game, but nice when it's over for good.

Lou

mamagiff 02-07-2014 10:49 AM

I am going to cross my fingers and say I'm post menopausal....it's been just over 2 years since the last period....however, since the periods stopped I've had random PMS symptoms...mostly breast pain....when I asked the dr. about it he said to take B5 vitamins...I took that plus evening primrose and it helped a lot with all the symptoms....I've not had night sweats or hot flashes...well, a few warm surges but not a full blown hot flash ever.

Good luck....I just turned 60 last month and I think I'm finally free of it all.....last period was when I was almost 58 years old...ugh!

Crazy Cat 02-07-2014 11:55 AM

My cousin thought she was done after a little over a year with no periods, then surprise! But that was almost 2 years ago and she hasn't had one since.
My other cousin ended up with a menopause baby. She got a little lax with birth control because she thought she was done, then found out she was pregnant.
I had a hysterectomy at 40, so no ambiguity for me. I went from constant cramps and 2 periods a month to nothing. Not even hot flashes.

mojocat 02-07-2014 11:58 AM

Ladies please make sure you have any abnormal bleeding checked out. I've just been through this and spent 3 agonizing weeks waiting for test results, luckily all was ok, but I was so skeered at the time. Like your experience, it seems mine was either a rogue TOM or just the mysteries of meno. Do any of you have fibroids? I have two large ones and I'm looking down the barrel of major surgery if they don't go away or if they get bigger. I'm scared of a hysterectomy - I've never had major surgery or gyno problems before.

kcbookworm 02-07-2014 12:18 PM

If I could please ask, how old are you ladies? I turned 50 in Novemer but I am still on the pill. My gyno told me last summer that once women turned 50 and are still on the pill, he will do a menopause blood test to check. After your period, you don't take the pill for another week and then he can do the test. He said that as long as you are taking the pill, you will continue to have periods even if you are menopausal! So just wondering what age you ladies are starting menopause?

Seelessofme 02-07-2014 12:29 PM

I'm nearly 53 and I am in that phase of a period every three weeks followed by nothing for months. I also get the symptoms of PMS which come and go without a period.

lunchbox2 02-07-2014 12:33 PM

I had a complete hysterectomy 2 years ago. I was 53, and still had regular, painful, periods. Along with ovarian cysts that would get huge and burst. I had never had major surgery either and it sucked. The recovering wasn't much fun either. But, honestly, that was the best thing I could have done. I feel so much better. Since they took the ovaries too I went right into menopause and I do have hot flashes here and there. But, I don't regret the surgery at all.

Suncharm 02-07-2014 02:12 PM

:cry::cry::cry:

joyful jina 02-07-2014 02:13 PM

I had an ablation when I was 48, so no periods anymore :jumpjoy: but supposedly I would still get symptoms. Very rarely I get the painful boobs...no more migraines (those used to be every month). No other signs of menopause - like hot flashes. I am occasionally irritable, but aren't we all? ;)

I'll be 51 in a month.

Jennyl 02-07-2014 02:22 PM

I have been suffering.

It started with the horrible periods. I had a whole long story typed out, but basically they were extremely heavy, difficult, unpredictable, and life disrupting. I had a lot of tests and there is nothing really unusual. I'm just ready for the home hysterectomy kit.

Also, I now have the hotness, and not in a good way! I am so hot all the time, and I get hot flashes all day long on top of already being hot. I was expecting the hot flashes, but I didn't realize how frequent they would be. I've been complaining about the winter, but I should stop because I'm not quite sure how I will survive in the summer.

I don't know if there is any medicine that will help. I will have to ask the doctor next time I go.

Terilynn 02-07-2014 02:38 PM

I have been starting and stopping periods for the last 6 years - I am now 56 - - last period was about 4 months ago (after not having one for a year and a half). I hope that was it, but you just never know!!!!!!

Bluqq 02-07-2014 03:34 PM

I'm 49 for 5 more months

Jennyl 02-07-2014 03:49 PM

I'm 48.

Crazy Cat 02-07-2014 06:59 PM

I was 40 when I had a hysterectomy, I'd had painful periods most of my life but it got crazy when I was 37 or 38. I had endometriosis, so that was probably more to blame than menopause.
It took me at least 2 years to talk the doctor into the hysterectomy. The surgery itself was a little scary, I went in to shock and had them all very worried. Recovery was a piece of cake, I came home by myself and was back to work in 3 weeks. So glad I had it done.

moonriver 02-07-2014 07:08 PM

I'm 54. I went eight months with no periods, then had them for 3 more months. Coming up on a year with none this month..holding my breath, knocking on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder...lol!!

I had fibroids, had them removed. Still had painful, very bloody periods (I have endometriosis) for five more years.

I had hot flashes, but not too badly.

The last period I had almost a year ago was unbelievably painful. I was literally crying and gasping in pain. Then the pain stopped like someone flipped a lightswitch and no periods since. I really don't want them to return.

Jennyl 02-07-2014 11:37 PM

Once in a while I would get a lot of pain while ovulating. My mom could always tell when she was ovulating, she could feel it, it was painful. For me, when I did feel it the odd time, the pain would only last maybe half a day and then I was fine....it can be quite painful though.

abbynormal 02-08-2014 04:19 AM

53 and have seriously enjoyed not having regular periods. I guess over the past four years in total I've had six. It's just the surprise of them that throws me for a loop when one shows up out of the blue.

Bluqq 02-08-2014 05:02 AM

I've been on bio identicals for a year
It's helped a great deal with symptoms but is a pain of constant blood work
I have an allergy to progesterone (which they strongly believe will vanish once I stop menstrauating ) that came on out of nowhere at 47
My periods were fairly uneventful until 2 yrs ago
Now it varies but most are quite intense....the period every 2 weeks had my head spinning ....
Dh is all excited at the prospect that its coming to an end! LOL. Men are putzes!

Kiara874 02-08-2014 07:45 AM

I'm 48. I hadn't had a period since last January. Then last week, voila! There it was :annoyed:

I was getting hot flashes/night sweats pretty badly starting in September. I tried some OTC menopause supplements, but they didn't help. In November, I ordered progesterone cream but it didn't stop the hot flashes. Then I ordered some estriol cream and used it as well and the hot flashes disappeared!

Then the hives came. My whole body was itchy! It cleared up when I was in Cuba, from the ocean water I think. They came back when I returned home. I haven't used any cream in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm still itchy. And the hot flashes are starting to come back :annoyed:

Now I'm wondering if it's my new laundry detergent.

I will keep you posted LOL