LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 05:30 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bluqq
Stats: at birth weight, lucky for mom she had big hips
Start Date: 11/24/05
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie38 View Post
Has anyone experienced anxiety/panic attacks or depression during menopause/peri-menopause?
Anxiety here and I've never had any type of issue before
Severe mood swings and just downright anger ....slightest thing could send me bonkers.....it was bad. I am normal again since getting the supplements right!

Merry Kate- everything I read said the weight does even out after some time with progesterone. Estrogen dominence can cause weight gain, I too struggled to lose for a year and just finally cracked it
Bluqq is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giggles4me
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: JUDDD / low carb
Start Date: 8/16/2014
Glad I ran across this thread.. I'm 52 and still have a regular cycle, just the flow had changed from heavy to light, my cramps have seem to let up as well and no breast issues either. Maybe I am getting close to stopping, I do hope so..
giggles4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KellyMarie38
Stats: 144.8-136.8-135.8-130 & tone-5'7" tall
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 07/2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluqq View Post
Anxiety here and I've never had any type of issue before
Severe mood swings and just downright anger ....slightest thing could send me bonkers.....it was bad. I am normal again since getting the supplements right!

Merry Kate- everything I read said the weight does even out after some time with progesterone. Estrogen dominence can cause weight gain, I too struggled to lose for a year and just finally cracked it
I am on BHRT but still went into a "break" of major panic attacks and depression. Increasing Zoloft (slowly as I am sensitive) and so far seem to be responding well. I just want to feel myself again *sigh
KellyMarie38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shoo
Stats: 239/170/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluqq View Post
Pueraria Mirifica
Testosterone
Dim
DheA
May I ask which brand of mirifica you are using? I saw my doc yesterday and he suggested I order it although it hasn't been approved by health canada. I'll be in the US for business next week and wonder if I can pick it up at a health food store. My doctor thinks I may be able to reduce the estrogen in my bio hormones by supplementing with mirifica. And yes, the ongoing blood work can be a little tedious, but it's worth it to feel like me again.
shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoo View Post
May I ask which brand of mirifica you are using? I saw my doc yesterday and he suggested I order it although it hasn't been approved by health canada. I'll be in the US for business next week and wonder if I can pick it up at a health food store. My doctor thinks I may be able to reduce the estrogen in my bio hormones by supplementing with mirifica. And yes, the ongoing blood work can be a little tedious, but it's worth it to feel like me again.
I get it on ebay....100% natural form. I do cream and oil. The woman who sells it suffers from the same issue as I have and did extensive research etc
Its in the purest state you can find.

on a happy note...TOM can right on time and is about over. Calm and normal...no theatrics, no horrid pms....nothing. Just like the old days!!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #66

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
I still haven't had a period. It's been something like 120 days or so since I had it. Not that I am complaining!!! My aunt said that one day, her period just stopped, it happened when she was around my age....so I'm hoping for that same kind of magic to happen to me. My hot flashes are still there, but they have decreased a fair bit lately, they aren't coming all day long. On the plus side, my boobs don't hurt anymore. Most of my life my boobs have hurt, I guess it had something to do with my cycle. I can actually sleep without a bra on because it doesn't hurt. I have a feeling that if my boobs start to hurt again, it might be a sign that a visitor is coming.
Jennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:33 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ZEP1959
menopausal ?????

hi there i am 53 this year and so far my periods are still coming regulary once a month, i have recently been diagnosed with a uterine fibroid, that actually causes me to have very terrible blood loss, dr says that once i hit menopause the loss of estrogen should help the fibroid to shrink, i was wondering what is the usual age to start menopause, i do have symptons i think insomnia mood swings etc dr says he cant give pills as the estrogen in them will cause fibroid to grow, so im kind of in a catch 22 situation anyone else suffer with fibroids does anyone know if it causes problems with weight loss thanks all xx
ZEP1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:55 AM   #68

How will progesterone effect the fibroid? Most women are estrogen dominant and the symptoms come from that....progesterone is used to bring the ratio back into balance
Your doctor should be testing you!
Old 05-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #69

Gallery: Pompom2
Stats: 5'2" 120
WOE: Lower Carb
Im 46 and I guess its starting. My period was a week early couple months ago. I had one last week and restarted yesterday. I never had any PMS symptoms but now my family says Im difficult to live with. Ive woken up covered in sweat. My mother passed away so I have no idea how old she was when she went through the change.

I have my annual in couple of weeks. Im sure it will be brought up. lol
Pompom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

I ended up having to change antidepressants. I am on Lexapro now and it seems to be helping alot, also taking anti-anxiety medication. Without it, I could not function This really stinks. I turn 49 this July and started BHRT a few years ago, hot flashes and night sweats started this year. I have skipped a cycle twice but only for like 2 months. I SO want this to be over *sigh
Old 05-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/250/200
Start Date: December 30, 2013
I am 7 months without a TOM - hot flashes are FINALLY subsiding a bit, the anxiety still rears it's ugly head from time to time, but the panic attacks have gone (for now, anyway). I've been tempted to cave and ask my MD for HRT, but, with my family history of cardiac issues I'm going to keep toughing it out, it definitely is getting less horrible.
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRoller View Post
I am 7 months without a TOM - hot flashes are FINALLY subsiding a bit, the anxiety still rears it's ugly head from time to time, but the panic attacks have gone (for now, anyway). I've been tempted to cave and ask my MD for HRT, but, with my family history of cardiac issues I'm going to keep toughing it out, it definitely is getting less horrible.
How long has this been for you?
Old 05-26-2014, 12:36 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
I've been doing pretty well since I started using natural progesterone cream - it's keeping my cycles more regular, although they're definitely getting longer. My weight is finally moving again. But now I have a new symptom: migraines. I remember I had them when I went through puberty, but they subsided as my cycle became regular. 30 years later, they're baaack! I think I've identified the triggers, so I'm hopeful I can avoid them in the future, but it's hard to say.

PomPom, black cohosh works well for hot flashes. Give it a try.

Last edited by MerryKate; 05-26-2014 at 12:39 AM..
MerryKate is offline   Reply With Quote