Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amy_MN
WOE: Atkins
Staying Motivated Despite Raging Hormones.

Hi Ladies! I was just curious how you all stay motivated with low carb during the latter half of your menstrual cycle (luteal phase).

It seems as though I have quite a bit of trouble sticking to my plan about a week or two before darling Aunt Flo comes to town. I crave lots of food even when my carbs are extremely low (ketosis levels).

This being the case, for the last year I have been cutting carbs pretty low for two weeks, and then as soon as the progesterone levels get higher in my body, I crave so bad that I binge on everything carb-tastic for the next two weeks. This way of eating is what I suspect is causing Beau's lines to appear on my nails. I am a pretty healthy 30-year-old otherwise, so that's the only thing I can think of that would be causing this. It's pretty weird, and it needs to stop.

I function so well on low carb, and I really miss the wonderful, healthy life it brings with it. Please help me stay on track!

Thank you!
-Amy

Last edited by Amy_MN; 01-06-2014 at 10:58 AM..
Amy_MN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links