Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
trapped gas pain/hormones?

Okay, ladies, mostly just looking for anyone who can assure me they have experienced this and I am not crazy.

Ran out of my hormone replacements a few months ago, not very concerned, haven't had any problems in awhile.

Few days ago, horrible digestion issues, horrible trapped gas feeling in chest that feels like a heart attack and now migraine. Remember this from after the hysterectomy and before hormones got balanced. This is hormones right?

Going to the doctor. But damn. These things are powerful and this pain sucks! Oh, and had just gotten back on the low carb wagon about a week ago so my digestion was screwed up by wheat and then non-wheat. Why do I do this to myself?

restart date: 6/24/2013

WOE:Atkins
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I have this same issue when my thyroid is off. My hormones go out of whack by default after the thyroid goes. I just recently had this happen and am only now getting my body back on track. Magnesium (larger doses) helps with migraines and digestion. I also take a digestive enzyme pill with every meal while I"m feeling that way.

I also am gluten free and that helps a ton. I hate to say it, but stay off the wheat. Have you had your thryoid tested? Perhaps go in for a hormone screen. Do you take bioidenticals?
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I had been off wheat for about a month and the pain kept getting worse. Doc and I working on hormones and supplements. Desperate out of work two days in pain was researching on lcf and ended up in the playground in a thread on magnesium. Read this huge thread on transdermal and ionized magnesium and started it yesterday morning. Almost completely pain free within a few hours. I'm astonished and thrilled.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Still mostly pain free. Turned out that my magnesium was below the lowest in range (went over blood results with dr. today). Also hormone and adrenal problems we're working on. But I feel soooo much better. I feel like there is actually hope that I can be pain free, healthy and energetic. Plus I'm not bingeing and have lost 25 lbs since June. It's amazing what imbalances in your body can do.