Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/womens-health/)
-   -   Body shape changes with weightloss? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/womens-health/810450-body-shape-changes-weightloss.html)

luckymuma 08-20-2013 10:54 PM

Body shape changes with weightloss?

Hi all, I am new to these boards but not new to low carbing :/ did my first low carb about 11 years ago when I was TTC my first child, I wasn't really over weight, but had PCOS, and wanted to get stable before pregnant...it worked, after a few mths on low carb ( PPLP) we tried and I got pregnant straight away! Put on 12kg in the pregnancy...and never lost it. Got pregnant with number two after taking metformin for a while, lost weight unintentionally in his pregnancy, he was A LOT bigger than my first, so I had alot of skin stretching. When he was 6w I did a yeast/anti candida cleanse which was like low carb, and lost all the baby weight over those 6w...but once my cycles returned, I put weight on...slowly. Started a few low carb diets, but half heartedly, ended up comming off them and gaining. Finally I got pregnant with number three...lost some weight in pregnancy with him, and he was even bigger than number two at just over 10 1/2 lbs ( all were natural births), I was the size of a woman carrying twins at term with him. He is now 2.5yo and I am finished having kids, and ready to stop continuing to gain, almost done feeding him, and want my body back. I have 20kg ( ? 44lbs) to loose...but I am anxious about what my body will look like after, especially my tummy where I have :o a flap of hanging skin that goes over the top of my undies. Not so much fussed about my boobs, they have done their job and nothing can change that, but I'm concerned that I will loose the weight, and have this like pouch forever no matter how thin I get....any advice? Oh and I am almost 3w in this time, feeling great, doing hypno CDs to help me along, and they are working a treat! Thanks from a :newbie:

luckymuma 08-23-2013 11:42 PM

Anyone? Does anyone have any experience with weight loss and left over skin? Or will it all just 'snap' back.

I guess it really doesn't matter as it won't change my path, but I just wanna know what to expect with my body :)

Thanks for any replies :)

Ntombi 08-24-2013 12:58 AM

It really depends on the person, genetics, length of time overweight, etc., so it's not really something anyone can tell you with certainty.

This thread is about surgery, but I found it helpful anyway. You might as well. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l-surgery.html

luckymuma 08-25-2013 01:38 AM

Thankyou so much for your reply Ntombi :) I will check the thread out!

Natalia 08-25-2013 01:37 PM

Tummy tuck or spanx..
I have the same issue and I still have 50lb to go..

I don't know how I'm going to feel til I get there. I have frequent procedures done in that area, and a billion stretch marks. Basically, that area is going to be a write off for me.

I would love though to have a great, non saggy, perfect rack :)
But I don't know. I suspect a trip to HAwaii or Europe may always take precedence over my saggy boobs.

Natalia 08-25-2013 01:38 PM

And if you still wanted to show skin at goal, you could do. Taylor Swift style high waist boy shorts and a boob lifting short tank. You would be rockin'!

luckymuma 09-01-2013 05:48 PM

Lol Natalia, no desire to show skin...feel too old for that...almost 40! It's more I would like to maybe wear a nice dress or fitted pants...and don't want to be tucking the pouch in :/ but yes! Hadn't thought about spanx etc! There is maybe a solution.....if it ever decreases in size :/

Natalia 09-01-2013 10:12 PM

I was watching a program before about excess skin removal and the surgeon says he won't do it until the person has been at goal 2 years- both to make sure their weight is stable, and to allow for skin to retract over time.

If you have a large pooch (panniculus) you could be eligible for free tummy tuck if you have frequent infections or problems under the flap. I know a girl who was able to get this done thru OHIP.