LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: skinnymama
Stats: 185/184/154
WOE: Ketogenic Mediterranean Diet
Start Date: May 1, 2013
Not sure what happened-turned 40

After I turned 40 everything changed. For 7 years I had done well counting calories, eating low fat and processed food.

One afternoon mid 2009, I watched David Murdock on Oprah spreading the news of his answer to wellness and longevity. So I bought a juicer and threw away my women's multivitamin. Fall of 2009, I stumbled across the words, "Mediterranean Diet," in the news and from there, threw out all the processed food, pretty much quit going out to eat and learned how to be a pretty good home cook; was interested in homesteading etc.

Now almost half way through my 44 year on this earth, I'm so tired I could just die without regret. I've tried and tried without any supplements and just couldn't do it. It wasn't until today that I realized that maybe David Murdock doesn't realize that:
1. Not everyone metabolizes the same
2. Not everyone absorbs their nutrients the same

and secondly,

Jack Lalanne lived to be 97 and he, yes, promoted his own juicer AND SUPPLEMENTAL VITAMINS AND MINERALS!

I'm seeing a integrative medicine doctor now and have an appointment this week with my food logs and having a bio terrain test done. I'm hoping to resolve my extreme fatigue and get this extra weight off!

Any success stories over 40 on low carb? I'd love to hear about them, especially your initial 1-2 week weight loss and then average weekly weight loss, and any supplements you are taking to help you feel marvelous!
skinnymama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I am 41, turning 42. Had a baby at 40. I am strictly low carb and have great success. My weight is great and so is my mental health.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote