Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Lower Carb/JUDDD
premature menopause?

So I was having woman issues and went to get checked. I was shocked to hear the results of my blood work show I am in premature menopause. I am 38!!

My estrogen levels are 15 and my FSH is 47. My gynie is going to retest me in 6 months but she said the blood work combined with symptoms are showing that I am indeed in premature menopause..........I so hate me right now. I am just at a loss for words for this.....Yeah sure I always joked about cant wait for menopause but I thought I had atleast 15 more years before it was a reality............I dont know why I am as upset as I am right now........

I had to make an appointment with my regular doctor because my cholestrol and that are like way up there. And my blood work also show my blood sugar levels are 5.6 and I need to nip that in the bud before its diabetes....oh what the heck.....

Anyone else go throught this? How did you deal? Did your labs go crazy when it hit too? I was normal not to long ago! Now everything is....well disturbing.....

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Last edited by krow134; 04-26-2013 at 10:57 AM..
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I went thru menopause at 35. I thought I was going crazy! Probably related to my autoimmune problems (hashimoto's thyroiditis and sjogren's). No fun, agreed!
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lokarbiebarbie
Stats: 185/120/125
WOE: Atkins 1972
Start Date: December 2008
I was 33 when I was FINALLY treated for Hashimoto's hypothyroidism (the correct way...FT's testing, was given Armour thyroid, not synthetic T4 only)...and that's what precipitated my slide into menopause.

BTW, an 'FSH' is kind of like that TSH test..doesn't really TELL the true levels of your hormones. I was given estradiol, estrone, estriol, testosterone, aldosterone, free testosterone, free T4, Free T3...and progesterone testing. A savvy bio identicals doc would have you on progesterone to start and make sure you get your thyroid tested properlty (there is a new Holtorf run clinic in Pa..suggest you google it. It was while living in PA/OH area that I could get absolutely nothing done about my thyroid..beyond a stupid TSH and FSH).

Cholesterol rises like crazy when hypothyroidism is present...and it can 'look like' menopause if the correct tests are not done.
Lokarbiebarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Lower Carb/JUDDD
They tested everything. Everything pointed to menopause. My thyroid numbers are fine.Everything was normal but the fsh , estrogen , and cholesterol. All the symptoms I have been having point back to premature menopause to. I have to retest once again in 6 months but she doesn't believe it will be normal. I am being sent to another doctor may 2 to look over blood work again as a second opinion type thing.
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote