Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/womens-health/)
-   -   Baby Talk- part 3 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/womens-health/802452-baby-talk-part-3-a.html)

DisneyPrincess 04-19-2013 11:57 AM

Baby Talk- part 3
 
Wow..old thread was too long!

Krissy- I have the paraguard, it's a non hormonal IUD. Is that an option?

Lori37 04-19-2013 02:01 PM

*hugs* for Suzie, thanks for the update!

Lori37 04-19-2013 02:03 PM

Ok so something weird has been happening the last two weeks. Every morning around 4 or 5 am, Little Rose can't get into a deep sleep. Every 2-5 minutes she squirms and whimpers then farts then falls back to sleep. But she isn't back into a deep sleep because it's so frequent. Which means I don't get back to sleep either. This last about 2-4 hours...EVERY MORNING. She farts a bit all day long, but the morning is the only time it keeps her awake. Any clue what could be causing it or how I can prevent it?

DisneyPrincess 04-19-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori37 (Post 16383129)
Ok so something weird has been happening the last two weeks. Every morning around 4 or 5 am, Little Rose can't get into a deep sleep. Every 2-5 minutes she squirms and whimpers then farts then falls back to sleep. But she isn't back into a deep sleep because it's so frequent. Which means I don't get back to sleep either. This last about 2-4 hours...EVERY MORNING. She farts a bit all day long, but the morning is the only time it keeps her awake. Any clue what could be causing it or how I can prevent it?

If it IS gas have you tried the gas drops? Stella is kind of the same way in the mornings and I think it's because she's kind of ready to be awake. When she was in our room she would just nurse on and off for a long while, now I bring her in bed with me and nurse her back to sleep. She goes to bed at about 9pm, eats at about 2 and 5 and then between 6 and 7 wakes on and off for a good hour.

Lori37 04-20-2013 12:42 AM

I've tried Gripe water for the gas, hasn't really helped. She has gas almost all day, but the morning time is the only time it's an issue.

KQT 04-20-2013 01:27 AM

B had a lot of toots the first month or two, she'd always fart herself awake in the morning! but it's since tapered off. i never used the gas drops but my SIL used them with just about every bottle.

Dp, I have the brochure for the paraguard but my concern was the bleeding - right now it's so light (2 days and I'm done) and that was a huge complaint I read from previous users that it was very heavy and crampy.

DisneyPrincess 04-20-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KQT (Post 16383916)
B had a lot of toots the first month or two, she'd always fart herself awake in the morning! but it's since tapered off. i never used the gas drops but my SIL used them with just about every bottle.

Dp, I have the brochure for the paraguard but my concern was the bleeding - right now it's so light (2 days and I'm done) and that was a huge complaint I read from previous users that it was very heavy and crampy.

I had it before Stella and have it in now. I haven't gotten my period yet now but previously it wasn't terrible. Yes it was heavier than before the IUD but it wasn't awful. Lasted maybe 5 days. Cramping wasn't bad either. I know everyone is different but I love the thing! Lol. You can always try it and have it removed if it doesn't suit you. Having it out in was pretty painless.

Suzie 04-20-2013 05:51 PM

Thanks ladies. I want to stay involved in this thread somewhat. DH and I have had many serious conversations over the past 8 weeks. With the recent test results in mind, we believe we want to try again late this summer. I have to physically wait 3-4 cycles before trying. We don't think it will be any easier on us emotionally or any less scary if we wait longer.

suzanneyea 04-20-2013 06:12 PM

I would want to try again too. Please keep us posted.

SouthernCJ 04-21-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzie (Post 16384949)
Thanks ladies. I want to stay involved in this thread somewhat. DH and I have had many serious conversations over the past 8 weeks. With the recent test results in mind, we believe we want to try again late this summer. I have to physically wait 3-4 cycles before trying. We don't think it will be any easier on us emotionally or any less scary if we wait longer.

I have to say I agree with you guys, it's going to be scary no matter when you try again, even if it was in another ten years. If you are ready now, then you're ready now. Take these next couple months to heal and focus on each other. And let us know how your garden turns out :hugs:

Lori37 04-22-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzie (Post 16384949)
Thanks ladies. I want to stay involved in this thread somewhat. DH and I have had many serious conversations over the past 8 weeks. With the recent test results in mind, we believe we want to try again late this summer. I have to physically wait 3-4 cycles before trying. We don't think it will be any easier on us emotionally or any less scary if we wait longer.

I agree. :hugs:
We're all here for you!

pocahontas 04-22-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzie (Post 16384949)
Thanks ladies. I want to stay involved in this thread somewhat. DH and I have had many serious conversations over the past 8 weeks. With the recent test results in mind, we believe we want to try again late this summer. I have to physically wait 3-4 cycles before trying. We don't think it will be any easier on us emotionally or any less scary if we wait longer.

Great plan Suzie. I would feel the same. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lori37 04-22-2013 02:42 PM

So I'm thinking I should try to keep Rose awake a bit more during the day so she will go to sleep earlier at night. Seems like she sleeps really good all day, til about 3, then it's off and on and wide awake around 8 or 9 til about midnight! I'd like her to be going to bed around 9 or 10. Any tips? Any ideas on things to do to keep her awake during the day?

DisneyPrincess 04-22-2013 03:59 PM

Walks? Tummy time? We dance and sing a lot. Long bath in the evening.

suzanneyea 04-22-2013 04:32 PM

I have found it pretty tough and unpleasant to keep a tired baby awake, lol.

SouthernCJ 04-22-2013 06:51 PM

I'm getting another growth scan tomorrow at 32 weeks. I'm so excited we haven't seen her since 17 week at the anatomy scan! Fingers crossed she is all on track, if they print out some pics I will post some here!

DisneyPrincess 04-23-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernCJ (Post 16388127)
I'm getting another growth scan tomorrow at 32 weeks. I'm so excited we haven't seen her since 17 week at the anatomy scan! Fingers crossed she is all on track, if they print out some pics I will post some here!

Good luck!!


Stella had me up last night at 12, 3, 5, 6 and then in bed with me nursing from like 6-8. Ugg. I can't figure out how to get her to sleep!

ceecee08 04-23-2013 07:00 AM

Morning Ladies

Tired as ever. Allergies and sinus issues!!! And I am scared to take anything for them so I have been sneezing all over the place. UUUGGHHHH.

Still sticking to eating right. Added in counting calories as well as carbs. It is really helping. Lost 6lbs. Dr. is happy about that. Especially since I want a VBAC.

ceecee08 04-23-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess (Post 16388637)
Good luck!!


Stella had me up last night at 12, 3, 5, 6 and then in bed with me nursing from like 6-8. Ugg. I can't figure out how to get her to sleep!

How old is stella? The milk is not holding her which is making her wake up often. I put one tsp of cereal in my DD's BM (pumped of course) for night time and she would sleep all night long. I know it's grains but it will hold her little belly longer.

sutton_02 04-23-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernCJ (Post 16388127)
I'm getting another growth scan tomorrow at 32 weeks. I'm so excited we haven't seen her since 17 week at the anatomy scan! Fingers crossed she is all on track, if they print out some pics I will post some here!

Yay! I :heart: ultrasounds. I've been a little spoiled this first trimester, getting to see them every two weeks. Now, I have to wait a whole six weeks before I get to see them again. Good luck with the ultrasound, and yes, please post pics!

sutton_02 04-23-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceecee08 (Post 16388704)
Morning Ladies

Tired as ever. Allergies and sinus issues!!! And I am scared to take anything for them so I have been sneezing all over the place. UUUGGHHHH.

Still sticking to eating right. Added in counting calories as well as carbs. It is really helping. Lost 6lbs. Dr. is happy about that. Especially since I want a VBAC.

Nice! Just curious . . . how many calories and carbs are you averaging a day?

Sorry about the allergies/sinuses. Hopefully that'll subside soon! Only a couple more weeks until you're out of the first trimester!!

DisneyPrincess 04-23-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceecee08 (Post 16388709)
How old is stella? The milk is not holding her which is making her wake up often. I put one tsp of cereal in my DD's BM (pumped of course) for night time and she would sleep all night long. I know it's grains but it will hold her little belly longer.

She's 3 months. I'm feeding her a 5oz bottle of formula and breast feeding before bed and at her first waking.

I'm not ready to give her "real food" yet. Ill wait until she's 4 or 5 months when I can spoon feed her

SouthernCJ 04-23-2013 12:25 PM

Here is baby CJ!

http://i37.tinypic.com/71i7vc.jpg

She is still a girl (they double checked for me since I am so paranoid after painting the nursery pink)! I am 32+4 today and her thigh bone measured 37 weeks! Her head was about 34 and a half, the tech kept measuring it from different angles while I asked her if she was sure that was right. So definitely measuring big! I didn't get to see the doctor today since she was in labor and delivery but I see her Friday at 10 am. Curious to see what she will think of it!

pocahontas 04-23-2013 12:33 PM

CJ she is just tall! DS always measured big but they base it off the length of their bones. Of course DS was tall, I am 5'10" and DH is 6'5"! :laugh: They thought he was going to be huge but he came in at 8.5 lbs so he was pretty normal. My doc even laughed because she was expecting like a 10 or 11 lb baby.

SouthernCJ 04-23-2013 12:42 PM

I am 5'9" myself! I was 8-10 and DH was 9-4 at birth so we were expecting a big baby. They measured her thigh first though and I about jumped off the table! DH's sister was 9-14 and 22.5" long. Big babies run in the family that's for sure!

Lori37 04-23-2013 01:16 PM

CJ !!! Too cute!

sutton_02 04-23-2013 02:30 PM

Awe, how cute!

DisneyPrincess 04-24-2013 06:50 AM

Adorable!!

They told me my some was going to be 9-10 pounds. He was 6.14 :eek:

Well I think Stella is done being swaddled. Last night after her second feeding I left her out and when she woke again 2 hours later I have her her paci and she grabbed her blanket and went back to sleep! I got a whole extra hour!! Hope it wasn't a fluke and we can start working on weening out a feeding at night.

SouthernCJ 04-24-2013 09:14 AM

These medical professionals don't seem to be very good at predicting weight :lol:

Lori37 04-24-2013 11:19 AM

Towards the end they were pretty accurate with my baby's weight. Of course with the GD way in the beginning they were predicting a 10 pound baby, but at my first Specialist appt he said high 8's lower 9's. At my last visit at 38 weeks he predicted low 8's. Rose was a week late and was 8 pound 7oz, if she had been on time, she would have been even closer to 8 pounds. I was surprised how close they were!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 AM.