Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
I was so sure Brandon was a girl. Never even prepared myself for the possibility he wasn't a girl. I cried at my anatomony scan. I am embarassed to say that now because I couldn't imagine having anything else but two boys now. I just LOVE them and feel that God knew what he was doing when he gave me those two awesome boys.

Oh, and by the way....am I weird? I kind of knew I was pregnant the day after we DTD with Ethan. My boobs hurt the very next day. So strange. It didn't happen with Brandon, not that I was paying attention. But with Ethan, I had the strangest feeling that I had just got pregnant. And whadya know....3 or so weeks later when I peed on that stick, I got the quickest positive I had ever seen, I didn't even get a chance to blink and the two lines showed up DARK! LOL! But for my boobs to hurt THE DAY AFTER? Weird. Weird. Weird.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Happycat21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
stargirl - I have to keep snacks on hand or I will get kind of a dizzy feeling. I have been packing an afternoon snack to take to work because that stretch between lunch and when I get home is too long and I end up feeling off by the time I get home.

Sharon - I was the same way this time. My boobs hurt almost instantly and I just knew. Then I tested too early and got a BFN and just couldnt believe it so I kept testing and voila! BFP a couple days later.

My instincts were totally on with DS. We were team green and didnt find out the gender but I just knew I was having a boy. For some reason I couldnt picture myself with a little girl. I guess everyone felt the same because all my family and friends thought I was having a boy too. Except my SIL of course! She always has to be the odd man out and she is always wrong! As soon as she said she thought we were having a girl, I knew it was a boy!

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
1 cm dilated and 80% effaced at my appointment. Does that really mean much since it's my first baby? I know the dilation doesn't mean much but a quick search seems to indicate effacement as a better indicator of impending labor.
SouthernCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #244
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Just got a message from the DR office saying my levels are rising as they should be Going in tomorrow AM for another draw and then a sono on Friday. I really hope I can see the little bean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
1 cm dilated and 80% effaced at my appointment. Does that really mean much since it's my first baby? I know the dilation doesn't mean much but a quick search seems to indicate effacement as a better indicator of impending labor.

I know nothing about labor but that sounds exciting!!!
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #245

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
That's more then I was almost a week after my due date! I had to help my body along!
When is your due date again?
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
That's more then I was almost a week after my due date! I had to help my body along!
When is your due date again?
June 14th! I am 37+5 today. DH has to go out of town on June 7th so I am freaking out that he will miss her!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #247

Quote:
June 14th! I am 37+5 today. DH has to go out of town on June 7th so I am freaking out that he will miss her!
I have a feeling she will be born before he goes.....like in the next 2-4 days......just a feeling!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have a feeling she will be born before he goes.....like in the next 2-4 days......just a feeling!
That would be crazy! I was mentally prepared to go over 40 since I am a ftm! I will keep you guys updated.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 162lbs / Goal of 152lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
SouthernCJ - Eeeeek! That's so exciting!

Star girl - Great news! I'm glad everything is progressing properly.

Lori - I've been meaning to ask, is the old wives tale true? Did you have a lot of heartburn with Rose? If so, when did it start?
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #250

Quote:
I was thinking the same! If she isnt here by the time he goes, he better just stay put because I doubt she is going to stay in until your EDD.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Well now you guys have me too excited to sleep
Old 05-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #252
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
stargirl, glad the levels are rising! good sign!

sutton, i had horrible heartburn every single day of my pregnancy, and my baby has barely any hair even now at 8 months. and two boys!!! i thought for sure one would be a girl too!

CJ, just another week or two. you look great!

i tried to will my baby girl to be a boy, and at the first anatomy scan she sat cross-legged the entire 45 minutes and wouldn't give up the goods, so 3 weeks later we finally confirmed she was a girl.

speaking of, B is inhaling baby food like a monster. her favorites are sweet potatoes and apples, and peas are definitely not a favorite, she will cry at the sight of them. she's a fast crawler too. and she's obsessed with coffee cups!

So I'm over two weeks late and POAS twice with neg results, so i think my pcos is acting up again. i had 3 straight cycles of 29 days, and now i'm way past that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bcoff.jpg (36.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
sutton, i had horrible heartburn every single day of my pregnancy, and my baby has barely any hair even now at 8 months. and two boys!!! i thought for sure one would be a girl too!

i tried to will my baby girl to be a boy, and at the first anatomy scan she sat cross-legged the entire 45 minutes and wouldn't give up the goods, so 3 weeks later we finally confirmed she was a girl.

speaking of, B is inhaling baby food like a monster. her favorites are sweet potatoes and apples, and peas are definitely not a favorite, she will cry at the sight of them. she's a fast crawler too. and she's obsessed with coffee cups!

So I'm over two weeks late and POAS twice with neg results, so i think my pcos is acting up again. i had 3 straight cycles of 29 days, and now i'm way past that.
Good to know about the heartburn. I've always wondered about that. I've had no heartburn so far, unless I stray too far from clean eating.

Your daughter is precious. That's too funny that she's obsessed with coffee cups.

Did you change anything this past month to cause your PCOS to act up?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #254

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I had horrible heartburn. James still has barely any hair at 13 months.
suzanneyea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #255
foxy librarian

Krissy - she is too cute!!

I went in this morning for yet another blood draw. I asked for a copy of my last test result and the beta went from 143 (thursday) to 941 (tuesday) The doctor said they can usually see the baby once you are over 2000 so hopefully everything is doubling as it should be and we can see little baby tomorrow on the sono
Old 05-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #256

stargirl - So happy for you!

Krissy - Brooke is so adorable! Sorry your cycles are giving you troubles.

I had horrible heartburn in the 3rd tri with DS. Before that it was only if I ate too many carbs. DS was born with a head full of hair, almost as much as Rose. So I guess it can go either way!

Last edited by pocahontas; 05-30-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Old 05-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
I had horrible heartburn in the 3rd tri with DS. Before that it was only if I ate too many carbs. DS was born with a head full of hair, almost as much as Rose. So I guess it can go either way!
Sounds like it! Guess I won't put too much stock in it.

Stargirl - Yay! That is great news! Congrats!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #258

I didn't have one day of heartburn and you've all seen the MOP that Rose was born with! Hair past her ears!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I didn't have one day of heartburn and you've all seen the MOP that Rose was born with! Hair past her ears!
Well, now I'm definitely convinced it's an untrue old wives tale! I don't think I've ever seen so much hair on a baby. It's so cute.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

My shingles pain has really flared up yesterday/today. Wonder if that means much? I have been taking it super easy, it usually only bothers me after I've been really active. I am super nauseous in the morning, approaching first trimester levels. I hope I don't have to feel this way for another 4 weeks!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #261
foxy librarian

(((CJ)))

My appt today went really well. HCG went from 941 to 1854 in 48 hrs and we got to see a gestational sac that measured at 6.5 weeks (1 week ahead). So the doctor was very happy!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
Well, now I'm definitely convinced it's an untrue old wives tale! I don't think I've ever seen so much hair on a baby. It's so cute.
Right? I totally believed it. My sis had horrible heartburn her entire pregnancy with her girl and she was born with a lot of hair. With her son she didn't have any. Through out my whole pregnancy I kept thinking "I dunno what to expect, me and daddy both have lots of hair, but I haven't had any heartburn!"
Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Baby is still happily cooking away! Braxton Hicks are really increasing in length and intensity. Frequency is still all over the place. I go to the doctor on Friday so we'll see if I have progressed any!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #264

Quote:
Baby is still happily cooking away! Braxton Hicks are really increasing in length and intensity. Frequency is still all over the place. I go to the doctor on Friday so we'll see if I have progressed any!
Yay! Keep us posted.

Not much going on over here. I was 8 wks yesterday. Of course I find myself analyzing every little thing. Man, a past loss really causes anxiety. My next appt and u/s are at the end of the month. Staying positive that this little bean is growing as it should!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes, definitely keep us posted!

Quote:
Of course I find myself analyzing every little thing. Man, a past loss really causes anxiety.
I feel ya'! I had two miscarriages prior to this pregnancy, so I was a wreck the first trimester. I would walk into each appointment uber anxious. I think it was the worst at my 8 week appointment, when we went in to find a heartbeat. I was so afraid they were going to tell me there was not one. Not only did they find one healthy heartbeat, but two! Talk about a huge emotional swing at that moment! I'm sure your little one is doing just great in there!

So yesterday morning, I'm sitting at my desk working, and all of a sudden my back feels like I tweaked something. It got progressively worse throughout the day, and now it hurts to move or even take a deep breath. It feels like a strained muscle. Lovely. I've scheduled an appointment with the chiro tomorrow, but it sucks to feel so immobile. I guess I better get used to it!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #266
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Yay! Keep us posted.

Not much going on over here. I was 8 wks yesterday. Of course I find myself analyzing every little thing. Man, a past loss really causes anxiety. My next appt and u/s are at the end of the month. Staying positive that this little bean is growing as it should!

This is what I'm really worried about. DH and I have just started trying again. My period is due June 12. We will see! I have some tests on hand, but am trying to avoid over testing like I did last time!

Only a few close friends know we are actively trying. We haven't told anyone in our families. I think we just don't want a lot of anxiety and questions about if it has happened yet!

I'm worried though that I won't be able to relax at all. Last time we got into that fake comfort zone after 16-20 weeks. With losing Connor at 29-30 weeks I feel like I may be a nervous wreck the whole time until we are holding a living, breathing, baby.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #267

I am so happy for you Suzie!

I will say, my emotions are all over the map. I go through phases of being totally happy and over the moon, then phases of pure fear. We have chosen not to tell anyone until after the u/s. Of course my Mom and Sister know though. I told them last time and they supported me through the loss so I knew I would need their support again. They are great about not being intrusive though and they let me come to them so there is no pressure there.

With DS, I was naive and didnt know any better. I went through that pregnancy blissfully unaware of just about everything. This one is going to be a long road, I can tell. But I am so up for the trip!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
I am so happy for you Suzie!

I will say, my emotions are all over the map. I go through phases of being totally happy and over the moon, then phases of pure fear. We have chosen not to tell anyone until after the u/s. Of course my Mom and Sister know though. I told them last time and they supported me through the loss so I knew I would need their support again. They are great about not being intrusive though and they let me come to them so there is no pressure there.

With DS, I was naive and didnt know any better. I went through that pregnancy blissfully unaware of just about everything. This one is going to be a long road, I can tell. But I am so up for the trip!
Thanks, I'm already nervous to say the least. I've been trying to consciously make myself not worry. That involves a lot of warm baths and good books to just keep my mind off things completely! Your u/s is around 12 weeks right? So, in about a month? I hope everything goes perfectly!

I've been keeping up with the thread, but not posting much. I may start being more active with TTC again.

I know you girls can relate with the over testing! I kept telling myself I wasn't going to do it, but then when I went to the bathroom this morning they were sitting right there. I ended up taking one, and of course negative, it isn't even the 6 days before expected period until Thursday. I have to resist testing until the 12th. I don't want to bog myself down with a bunch of unnecessary negatives. I need to limit myself to testing when my period is due! I should move the tests out of the bathroom.
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #269

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
That is just part of being a mom, constant worry. I don't think it will ever go away.
suzanneyea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #270

So true Suzanne!

Suzie - I can totally relate with the crazy testing. I was ordering tons of the cheap tests off amazon and POAS way to early and several times a day. In fact, with my most recent BFP, I tested way too early and thought for sure I was out. Low and behold, 3 days later I got a BFP. I'll keep you all posted on the u/s for sure.

I havent been terribly active here either though I do stalk constantly for updates and baby pics. I am nervous and just anxiously awaiting my u/s and in these early days there isnt really a lot to talk about.

Last edited by pocahontas; 06-04-2013 at 08:18 PM..