Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
OMG, Lori! I want to squeeze her and kiss her up! She is so darn cute! Has she lost any of her hair or is it all staying put? DS lost a little around the back of his head but he has always had a full head of hair.

sutton - google Healthy Indulgences Banana Nut Muffins. Those are the ones I will be making tonight. I love Lauren's recipe's.
ETA: She posted the recipe here too: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ns-w-pics.html

Last edited by pocahontas; 05-13-2013 at 11:13 AM..
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #152

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Thank you Andi! Nope she hasn't lost any yet!
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Awe, what a doll! I agree with Andi, definitely just want to eat her up!

Andi - Thanks for the link. Those muffins are very similar to a banana bread recipe I've made before. So moist.
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #154

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Wanted to share Stella's 4 month picture. I can't believe how big she's getting!

image.jpg

I'm going to go read back and catch up
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #155
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Stella is so cute! And Rose's hair is INSANE!

Are carrots always so bright neon orange in color?? I fed B some Gerber nature select carrots and my mom has also been making purees. I can't wait to see what her next diaper will look like.
KQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #156

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Wanted to share Stella's 4 month picture. I can't believe how big she's getting!

Attachment 49925

I'm going to go read back and catch up
Shes getting so big! Adorable!
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Stella is so cute! Definitely put a smile on my face. What a great pic!

KQT - What a cute pic on your avatar.

Last edited by sutton_02; 05-14-2013 at 06:01 AM..
Old 05-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #158

Dp - Stella is a doll!

Krissy - Love the avi!

Not much to report here, I was 5 wks yesterday. Took today as a mental health day and going to do some cooking, laundry, cleaning. I have my appt at 10:15am.

Tex Mex scramble for breakfast!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Stella and Rose are so....well..... !!!!

Here are a couple pictures of Brandon and his "girlfriend" Taylor playing at the gym a couple of weekends ago. I love her red hair. She actually gave him a kiss goodbye and he waved bye to her (backwards) and said "bah bah"! It was all too cute....we teased them that we were going to remind them of this when they were 16. Brandon will be 19 months on the 17th. Time flies!

I'll post Ethan pics in the next post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brandon.Taylor.My.Gym.050413.02.jpg (35.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Brandon.Taylor.My.Gym.050413.05.jpg (40.8 KB, 18 views)
Happycat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here is Baby Ethan's 7 month pics. He is huge....over 20 lbs and is busting out of his 12 month size clothes. His torticollis is getting better, but he is still in physical therapy once a week although wer're going to try to knock it back to once every 2 weeks and see if he can maintain his progress. He is so ready to crawl...he is almost there. Oh boy....two mobile boys....I'm so skeeeeerrreeeddd!! LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130512_193643_resized.jpg (24.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20130512_193247_resized.jpg (35.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20130512_193653_resized.jpg (23.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #161
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Oh my, I'm just lovin' all these baby pics

Andi how was your appointment?

I'm 9 days past ovulation today and starting to feel the urge to test. I feel very pregnant right now, but I know that doesn't mean necessarily anything. We had three eggs this month so our odds aren't bad. I really hope this is our month.

Last edited by CARLINI; 05-14-2013 at 03:34 PM..
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
The babies are toooo cute! I can't believe mine will be here so soon, I have a month until my due date as of today

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Oh my, I'm just lovin' all these baby pics

Andi how was your appointment?

I'm 9 days past ovulation today and starting to feel the urge to test. I feel very pregnant right now, but I know that doesn't mean necessarily anything. We had three eggs this month so our odds aren't bad. I really hope this is our month.
How have you been doing? Are you guys doing clomid now? I must have missed an update on your!
SouthernCJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #163

Sharon - OMG!!!! Those boys are gonna be trouble with the girls!! They are too stinkin cute!

Debbie - I am on pins and needles waiting for you to test!

So my appt today took a weird turn. I cancelled with the new OB and ended up going to my GP because the perinatal clinic called and said all I needed was a referral from them and they were all set to take me. Well, I got to the GP and they were wonderful! Come to find out, they do OB and delivery as well! I met with the PA and she was amazing. We went over my history, etc. and she said she saw no reason for me to go to perinatal at this point. They would be happy to take me and if they felt I was becoming high risk, then they would refer me to perinatal. They work very closely with the same perinatal clinic. She set me up for an appt with the Dr. next week and in the meantime sent over the authorization to get my labs ordered. I should be able to head over to LabCorp in the next day or two to get those done. I couldnt be happier! This medical group seem amazing and their offices are much more convenient for me which is an added bonus. The doc had the PA call me back later after he reviewed my file and he agreed that there is no reason for me to go to perinatal right now. The PA said they are both very happy that I will be under their care. It was such a great feeling after all I have been through with the old OB. If only I didnt have this silly HMO, I feel like I am always waiting on referrals and authorizations. The bonus is that it costs me practically nothing for care because all is included. I only paid $1,500 out of pocket for the hospital stay when I had DS. So I guess it's all relative.

Last edited by pocahontas; 05-14-2013 at 06:37 PM..
Old 05-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, Andi, that is such good news!!! It's funny how things wind up working out in the end, isn't it? I'm so happy to hear this!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #165

Thanks Sharon! I am very happy with the outcome as well.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Brandon and Ethan are little cuties! I think they'll be heart breakers some day.

Andi - I'm so glad you've found a practice you like. That is so important for a stress free pregnancy.

SouthernCJ - Wow, only a month left! I bet your super excited!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
Brandon and Ethan are little cuties! I think they'll be heart breakers some day.
Awwww, thank you!! Just as long as I don't wind up as the boyfriend's mother on an episode of 16 and Pregnant in 15 years!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Awwww, thank you!! Just as long as I don't wind up as the boyfriend's mother on an episode of 16 and Pregnant in 15 years!
For realz!

So how is everyone doing?

CJ - You are so close! I cant wait to see pics of your bambino!

Cassidy - How are ya?

sutton - Have you had your u/s yet? Remind me again when you go?

AFM, I am struggling a bit on my diet. I do great during the day and then somehow sneak some carbs in at dinner. It's no bueno and just gives me heartburn. DH had to have an emergency root canal last night so DS and I got food out. I think that is part of the problem too, we have eaten out the last 2 nights! I do so much better when I cook at home. I am too tempted by restaurant food. Anyway, I am confessing my sins and moving on!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Andi - I go first thing in the morning and I am sooooo excited! I'll be sure to update tomorrow sometime.

I feel ya' on doing great during the day, but then not so great at dinner. Been there, done that. But that's still better than gorging on carbs all day!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Hey ladies! We did the memorial garden today. It would have been Connor's due date. I wanted to share the picture with all of you. Thank you so much for all your kindness and support. I also did a blog post with more pictures of it, those of you who have asked for the link.

Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:14 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Suzie - Connor's memorial garden is beautiful.

Well, we had a wonderful anatomy scan. The babies cooperated and the whole thing took less than 20 minutes. Doc said everything looked perfect and couldn't be better. Baby A measured 15 weeks 6 days and about 5 oz, while Baby B measured 16 weeks 4 days and about 6 oz. Heart rates were 140 and 141. The tech had no doubt about the genders and I now have the sealed envelope with the results tucked away until the gender reveal next week. Eeeeeek!

As I type this, I'm really thinking it's two girls. I originally thought two girls, but for a few weeks, I was leaning toward one of each. Now I'm back to two girls. I will be thrilled with any combo, but am secretly hoping for at least one girl. I like pink, what can I say?

I've gained 5 pounds in 4 weeks, which is spot on for a twin pregnancy. My bump has actually been smaller these past two days, but during the ultrasound, the babies were both facing my back, so I'm thinking they're just cozy and hanging out toward the back at the moment, instead of out front.

I hope everyone else is doing good!

Last edited by sutton_02; 05-18-2013 at 03:15 AM..
Old 05-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #172

Suzie - the garden is beautiful! Please PM me the link to your blog, I would love to read it.

Sutton - OMG, I would totally peek in the envelope. I dont trust myself! So glad everything is going well and babies are healthy!
Old 05-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Andi - it's gonna be tough to not peak, but I think it'll be worth it in the end. Have you done your blood work yet? Feeling prego yet?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
Andi - it's gonna be tough to not peak, but I think it'll be worth it in the end. Have you done your blood work yet? Feeling prego yet?
Bloodwork is next week. Im ok with it though because I am feeling pregnant. I will be 6wks on Monday and my boobs are killing me. I have also had that full and crampy feeling in my uterus and am already finding it difficult to sleep on my belly which blows since I am a tummy sleeper. Getting anxious to get a glimpse of how its progressing though.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Sutton: Your willpower astounds me truly. When I was in for this little one's anatomy scan I asked the US tech if we could do that first She obliged and of course baby was stubborn and modest, took forever to let us get a peak. Your gender reveal party is going to be so fun, we want all the details!

Suzie: Took a peak at your blog and I am sooo impressed with all the work you did on the garden! It looks so good and you must be so pleased with it.

Andi: So good to hear you are having symptoms! Hoping you can get a good peak at that little muffin's heartbeat soon.

Carlini: Any updates with you?

All is good here, I have an appointment on Wednesday and they'll check me for dilation then. I'll be 36+5. I've had lots of Braxton Hicks and she feels like she is dropping but it is so hard to tell. She's been really low the entire time and I am lucky to be super comfortable this late in pregnancy. Easy to breathe and I sleep like a rock. I'm just impatient and want to hold my baby already! Maybe have a beer

I have some pictures of my belly I need to post.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Not the best pictures that's for sure! You can see the mark on my back/side where my shingles was but it's getting better.

35 weeks on the left, 36 on the right.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

CJ - Wow, you look fantastic! What a beautiful bump! I'm jealous of you being so close to meeting your little girl. I will for sure give details on the gender reveal.

Andi - Glad your feeling those symptoms. It's always reassuring.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #178

CJ - you are so darn cute!

Well I packed a ridiculous amount of food for today. I have been hungry and I am trying to avoid snacking on the wrong things. My usual meat and fresh veggies dont sound very appetizing so Im working around it as best I can by making things I do like. On the menu for today:

B - protein shake, 1 cup half caff
S - greek yogurt w/ blueberries & walnuts
L - small bowl of chili topped w/ cheese, half a chix breast and a cup or so of leftover caprese salad
D - making taco salads tonight

I have had some pretty bad heartburn lately and Im sure its from the little carbs I have been sneaking in. I need to put an end to it.

I am 6 wks today and starting to stress a bit as this was when I lost the last one (6w3d). I know I should think positive but I cant always help it. I do have a much better feeling this time but I wont feel super comfy until my appt on Thursdsay. I hope we schedule an u/s too.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Andi: I gave up a bit into my second trimester and just packed a ton of food every day. I was sooo hungry! I figure better to eat two yogurts a day than a yogurt and some pop tarts out of the vending machine out of desperation so I didn't pass out. Fill up on healthy food, your body knows what it needs. I think the hunger is a really good sign, growing babies need those calories! I am on pins and needles until Thursday for you, I hope they are able to schedule an ultrasound right away.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #180
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Hi ladies! Do you mind if I join you? I've been lurking here now and then and just found out that I'm pregnant. I'm kind of in shock. Today would have been the 1st day of my period but I have been feeling weird so I took a test. OK I took 3

I didn't really have any symptoms different than PMS. I still have cramps. The only thing that made me think "hmmm" was that I started getting up at like 4am to use the bathroom and I NEVER do that.

Anyway, not really sure what to do next. I guess I'll call my OB/GYN tomorrow and get a blood test. It all feels very surreal!
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote