Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
YAAAAAAAAAYYY ANDI!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you.

Sutton- I will be 13 weeks. I go at the end of this week.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
That's what I'm talking about! Baby dust for everyone on the board, pregnancy is catching dontcha know
YES I know. My BFF is pregnant, 5 of my sorority sisters are pregnant and so is my coworker.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #123
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Not me either please! I'm good for now

Super exciting andi! I'm wishing you the best

Miss Stella did great at her 4 month visit today. 12.5 pounds and 25' long. She even rolled over from her back to stomach for the doctor. I was only the 2nd time she's ever done that. Little show off
She's sleeping off her shots now but is doing fine

Going to offer her some oatmeal tonight. Hope she likes it! I feel like she is getting so big so fast
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
YES I know. My BFF is pregnant, 5 of my sorority sisters are pregnant and so is my coworker.
Awwwwwww!!!! Just think of the playdates you all will have!
Happycat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post

Miss Stella did great at her 4 month visit today. 12.5 pounds and 25' long. She even rolled over from her back to stomach for the doctor. I was only the 2nd time she's ever done that. Little show off

Going to offer her some oatmeal tonight. Hope she likes it! I feel like she is getting so big so fast
Go, Stella!!!

I remember giving Brandon oatmeal. And then I remember him looking at me like, "are you for real, lady? Give me some sweet potatoes and carrots and peas! Oh, and I'll take that meatball off your plate if you don't mind!" I hope you have better luck with the oatmeal than we did!

Edited to add: I'm glad I just saw your post about Stella's 4 month appointment. That totally reminded me that I need to reschedule B's 18 month appointment now that he's finally over his third ear infection and done with his antibiotics. Gonna call now. Thanks! (Well Brandon doesn't thank you because he cries even *before* he goes to the back now since he knows what is coming....but I thank you! )

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon

Last edited by Happycat21; 05-08-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Old 05-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #126

Nope...oatmeal wasn't a hit. She actually shuddered when she tried it. Lol. I think I rememeber putting some applesauce in my sons. We'll play around with it. I'm honestly not ready to feed her yet but was hoping maybe a little cereal in the evenings would stretch her sleep. Though the doctor said she is very normal waking 2x a night and then up when she is to eat "breakfast". She said some 4 month olds are still up 3x a night.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #127

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post

WOOHOO! COngrats!
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #128

Quote:

That's awesome! But is Rose a chunker since she already weighs 11 pounds 9 oz at 6 weeks? OMG she's huge! lol
Old 05-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #129
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
andi!!! i am so happy for you!!! crossing fingers, toes, legs, shoelaces... everything for you to keep that sticky!
KQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:21 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
That's awesome! But is Rose a chunker since she already weighs 11 pounds 9 oz at 6 weeks? OMG she's huge! lol
No no! Remember Stella had all the issues with her weight at the beginning.

But I have small kids with both around the 10% weight. No worries!!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Sutton- I will be 13 weeks. I go at the end of this week.
Exciting that you may get a guess at the gender this week! Keep us posted!

Quote:
Awe, that's cute that she was showing off. Glad her check up went well.
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #132

Gallery: pocahontas
Thanks ladies!

DP - oatmeal didnt fly with DS either. He was 5.5 mo when we started trying things. I ground up steel cut oats and made those for him and he was like so we went straight to avocado! I only did the oats because my doc rec'd them but they were not a hit. DS was never really into any purees so he had fun with the mashed avocado for a while and then we went right on to finger foods a couple weeks later. Much better!

Lori - DS was huge too! He is still in the 95th % at 2 yr old. He looks like a 4yr old and is only maybe 3 inches shorter than my niece who is almost 5!

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We got screwed on the baby clothes that I thought we could "hand down" from Brandon to Ethan. They were both born in October. We live in the Northeast, so we have the 4 seasons here. Last summer, Brandon was wearing size 6 month short sleeve onesies. This summer, Ethan will be wearing size 18 month short sleeve onesies (right now he barely fits in size 12 month short sleeve onesies!) So, their seasons are all off and I had to go buy new short sleeve onesies for the younger guy and soon the younger guy will be "handing down" his clothes to Brandon!

Hard to believe how much bigger Ethan is than Brandon was at the same age!!

We are so grateful for some very generous co-workers of DH who gave us a lot of their old boy baby clothes. But I still had to buy some others because daycare needs extras too....and I also feel like every time we head into a new season I am buying a whole new wardrobe for one of them!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #134

My son loved his oatmeal! Ill try with Stella a few more times. If she doesn't like it I'm going to hold off on anything until about 6 months.

Awe Sharon that stinks! We got a lot of clothes from people but I always had to buy for both my kids. Try second hand stores
Old 05-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Awe Sharon that stinks! We got a lot of clothes from people but I always had to buy for both my kids. Try second hand stores
Yup....I've even gone to Goodwill and bought some clothes off of a local Mom's tagsale site on Facebook. But sometimes, Carter's will have some good sales and I can get coupons and stock up then too. The only time you will ever see my boys' wearing designer Polo shirts or Baby Gap stuff is if it was a gift, or someone gave it to us because their babies outgrew it.

As far as sneakers, I won't compromise on those, I bought Brandon some Stride Rites finally. We had an unfortunate incident earlier with some sneakers I bought for cheap at Target where his toe got stuck on and wrapped up tightly on some elastic band (which I have no idea why it was even in there!!) that was inside the sneaker and he kept crying all day at daycare and no one knew why because he is usually a happy go lucky dude. Poor thing, his toe was bright red and he couldn't even wear shoes for a few days after that his toe was so swollen. Then after he was all better, I brought him to Stride Rite and got him measured properly and found out his size was a 5 WIDE. Poor guy, inherited mommy's fat feet! (He is super skinny otherwise, lol!) So after that scary incident, I will spend the extra money on good shoes for him, and now I am glad to know he is in the right size too. And they usually have pretty decent sales if you hit them at the right time too. Yes, I know that in another, hmmmmm, hour or so.... he will be in size 6 wides, but I digress....
Old 05-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #136

Yes, most of the clothes we got as shower gifts are too warm for us this time of year. We've already had many days in the upper 90's ( going to HATE summer) and most days are in the 70's, most of Rose's clothes are too warm to wear. Makes me sad, cause some of it so darn cute!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
....and I also feel like every time we head into a new season I am buying a whole new wardrobe for one of them!
This is one good thing about having only two seasons - hot and not hot. Other than that, I really wish we had more defined seasons here.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
This is one good thing about having only two seasons - hot and not hot. Other than that, I really wish we had more defined seasons here.
That reminds me of a joke I once heard about living in New York State:

We only have three seasons....Winter, Summer and Construction.

(Signed, former Buffalo, NY girl)
Old 05-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
That reminds me of a joke I once heard about living in New York State:

We only have three seasons....Winter, Summer and Construction.

(Signed, former Buffalo, NY girl)
Haha, that's funny.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #140

I've heard that one being a buffalo girl myself

I'm worried because we have only summer clothes for Stella and we are heading up north next week. It's still chilly there! I'm going to have to buy a jacket or something and some leggings to go under her dresses.

She had a bad night last night and I'm exhausted!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #141

Dp - love your avi! I'm sorry Stella isnt sleeping well for you. My BIL & SIL are still having issues with their 1.5yr old. I feel so bad for them. Hopefully she will turn a corner soon and sleep like an angel.

Can you believe 4 days later and the OB office still hasnt transferred my file or provided the referral? I gave up, called and cursed them out and made an appt with a new OB office. I go in on Tuesday. If the new OB wants to refer me to a perinatal that is fine but at least I will have an initial appt, labs, etc. and get the ball rolling. I told the receptionist my fears and about my previous loss and why I wanted to get in as early as possible and the new doc called me back later and told me to go ahead and start taking the progesterone I have leftover from last time twice a day until I can get in there. She said better to be safe than sorry and it wont cause any issues if it turns out I dont need it. Hopefully I will be dealing with a more competent office! I left a scathing review for the old OB on yelp too.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Can you believe 4 days later and the OB office still hasnt transferred my file or provided the referral? I gave up, called and cursed them out and made an appt with a new OB office. I go in on Tuesday. If the new OB wants to refer me to a perinatal that is fine but at least I will have an initial appt, labs, etc. and get the ball rolling. I told the receptionist my fears and about my previous loss and why I wanted to get in as early as possible and the new doc called me back later and told me to go ahead and start taking the progesterone I have leftover from last time twice a day until I can get in there. She said better to be safe than sorry and it wont cause any issues if it turns out I dont need it. Hopefully I will be dealing with a more competent office! I left a scathing review for the old OB on yelp too.
Good for you, Andi!!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #143

I really shouldn't complain about her sleep. It isn't like she is up all night. She eats and goes right back to sleep. I'd just like longer stretches!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Dp - love your avi! I'm sorry Stella isnt sleeping well for you. My BIL & SIL are still having issues with their 1.5yr old. I feel so bad for them. Hopefully she will turn a corner soon and sleep like an angel.

Unbelievable!!!! I hope this new OB can you give you the care you NEED. I switched OB's at the beginning of this pregnancy and never looked back. Doc was a total jerk with no patience for my questions or concerns. At the very least you can get that bloodwork done and have your mind set at ease about this pregnancy. It's going to be great! Little bro or sis on the way for your little guy!
SouthernCJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I gave up, called and cursed them out and made an appt with a new OB office. I go in on Tuesday. If the new OB wants to refer me to a perinatal that is fine but at least I will have an initial appt, labs, etc. and get the ball rolling. I told the receptionist my fears and about my previous loss and why I wanted to get in as early as possible and the new doc called me back later and told me to go ahead and start taking the progesterone I have leftover from last time twice a day until I can get in there. She said better to be safe than sorry and it wont cause any issues if it turns out I dont need it. Hopefully I will be dealing with a more competent office! I left a scathing review for the old OB on yelp too.
Good for you Andi! Just don't let those people get your blood pressure up too much. You don't want to waste your energy on them.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

We have our anatomy scan this Friday and I am soooo excited to see the babies again. Hopefully they will both cooperate so that they can tell the genders. We will not find out that day, however. We are going to have them write down the genders so that we can find out with the rest of our family at a gender reveal party on May 25th. I've got two small baby carriage pinatas (one for each baby) that we are going to have stuffed with either pink or blue candy, confetti, etc. We will then whack away until the genders are revealed. My sister is also revealing hers as well, and she is doing a box of either pink or blue balloons that her 2 year old son will open to let the balloons fly out. I'm beyond excited for this day!

I am almost 16 weeks now and feeling pretty good. I can't believe how pregnant I feel already, and how quickly I'm growing. Strangers are really noticing at this point. Now that I'm in the second trimester, sticking to a low carbish paleo diet has been so easy. I haven't had any cravings really, although I will admit to eating more pickled okra, pickles, and vinegar than I used to, but I don't really "crave" it. On the weekends, I've been treating myself with a little fruit, and this past weekend I made some paleo muffins, but overall I'm very satisfied with my current diet.

I'm weighing every Friday and as of last Friday (at 15 weeks), I am up 11.8 pounds, which is right on target for my goals with this twin pregnancy. If I go to 38 weeks, my weight gain goal is 33 to 48 pounds (40 weeks - 35 to 50 lbs). My arms and legs have put on a small amount of fat, but not much. Most of the weight is going to my belly and boobs.

I can definitely tell this way of eating is keeping many common pregnancy symptoms, such as heartburn, aches and pains, swelling, etc, at bay.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #147

Sutton - that gender reveal sounds like so much fun! We didnt find out with DS and wont with this one either. I like the surprise though DH goes completely bonkers not knowing. You sound like you are doing wonderful and I am so happy to hear that your LC'ish paleo diet makes you feel great. My diet is almost exactly the same.

I had a couple treats over the weekend for Mother's Day and I regret it. I woke up this morning holding on to some water weight that I dont want. We also spent the weekend in Chico and it was nearly 100 degrees so I drank tons of water but the heat always makes me swell a bit. DS had so much fun playing in the pool and MIL's.

We got home yesterday afternoon and I got some shopping done and my netrition order arrived so tonight I will be making some coconut flour muffins and prepping for the week.

How is everyone doing? Aren't we due some baby pics?

Last edited by pocahontas; 05-13-2013 at 09:35 AM..
Old 05-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #148

Rose at 6.5 weeks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roseblue.jpg (42.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 05-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
We got home yesterday afternoon and I got some shopping done and my netrition order arrived so tonight I will be making some coconut flour muffins and prepping for the week.
What kind of muffins do you make? I made some paleo pumpkin cranberry muffins over the weekend, which have coconut flour, egg, pumpkin, butter, sweetener, pumpkin pie spice, dried cranberries, and walnuts. The sweetener and cranberries make them higher carb than I would normally want to eat, so just curious what kind of muffins you make out of your coconut flour.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #150

Another one.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roseanimalprint.jpg (27.6 KB, 25 views)