LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #1171
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Alie - I am feeling ok! This baby is very strong and kicks and rolls and it can be a bit painful. My NST also noted that I have irregular contractions so Im just hoping baby stays put until the date.

Suzanne - I cut DS off cold turkey at 14 mo. Seriously, I was done. I work FT so I was pumping and nursing and my whole life revolved around it and I felt that 14 mo was long enough. We had slowly started introducing him to organic whole milk after he was 1yr so the transition worked well. He was used to taking bottles at daycare though. Does James take a sippy? Is he drinking whole milk at all? Cold turkey has worked for us with everything.....nursing, bottle, pacifier, etc. DS only asks for a day or two then it is forgotten.

Sutton - Those boys are adorable! 6 mo is a great goal, that is always my goal going into it. I surprised myself and went 14 mo with DS. You do get into a routine and then hate to throw in the towel but I can imagine it is a bit more difficult with twins. They sure look happy and healthy!
James uses a sippy cup all day! But, to go to bed, meh wants his boobies. He has been eating hamburger since he was a few month old!
suzanneyea is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #1172
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Suzie - Fingers crossed and good luck trying!
Sutton - those babies are too cute.
andi - Jan 6 is just around the corner! it feels like you've been pregnant forever!

Brooke is doing great, she's so much fun. Christmas was great but she was a bear to put down for bedtime, she wanted nothing to do with sleeping after partying all day.

Congrats to the BF mommies! You should be very proud.
KQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #1173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macc0021
Stats: Pregnant - trying to keep gains at a minimum! :)
WOE: wheat allergy + low carb + pregnant!
Start Date: Every day!
Hi ladies!! Just wanted to pop in and share my Christmas news (since I can't tell anyone else yet!!) I am pregnant! 4 weeks + 1 day today, so still early. My first appointment is January 8th, so I will be driving myself crazy for nearly two weeks!!!

I had no idea it would happen that quick - I was on birth control pills for 12 years and this was my first cycle off TTC. We are very excited, and nervous at the same time!!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
Macc0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #1174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Macc - Wow, congrats! That was fast! Fingers crossed for a sticky bean!

KQT - I bet it was a fun Christmas!

We're almost home from a 4 day trip to my parents' and it really made me appreciate our quiet house. Whew, traveling with two babies is not fun!
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #1175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
::::sorry....this is a sensitive topic to me:::::

While I'll agree that it's very admirable to have breast fed for so long, I'm just proud of myself that I realized that PPD was going to kill me if I didn't get on meds that I knew worked and fast (and weren't compatible with breastfeeding). So, they each got a couple months of breast milk, but are (were) thriving very well on formula and whole milk too. We each do the best we can as mothers. I figured having a mother who was alive was better than them having breastmilk and no mother.

Suzie-I've been thinking about you and glad to see that you are making your way the best you can through the holidays without little Connor.

Andi-Can't believe it's almost time!

Sutton-those babies are adorable. Growing so fast too!

Macc-congratulations!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Happycat21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #1176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Thank you ladies.
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #1177
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Congrats Macc! Wonderful news!!!

Suzie- glad to hear the break helped and you are ready to try again. Hope the New Year brings good luck!
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #1178
foxy librarian

Glad to hear all of the babies are doing well! I'm 36 weeks today! I have this week off and then I'm working 2 weeks before I start my leave. I can't believe how fast it is going.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #1179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Thanks everyone.

DH and I had a long conversation yesterday. We are officially back into trying. I'm mid cycle this month, so we aren't getting too serious until next month. This month, we are just going to stop protecting. I should be fertile this week, so we are just going to have some fun bringing in the New Year.

Next month, we are going to still be kind of laid back about it. However, be a bit more serious about watching dates and trying.

Then, if nothing... we are going to go to ovulation sticks the next cycle. Which was the next step my doctor wanted us to try. So, we will be back in line with his schedule and that way if we need to go back to him we have followed the plan.

I know it may seem silly, but it makes me feel more relaxed to ease back into things, and not used the sticks right away.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #1180
foxy librarian

I totally understand. The sticks can lead to obsession and then stress, etc. I think your plan sounds great. Good luck and have fun!

I have been a nesting maniac over here. I would make more freezer meals but I ran out of room I just have this overwhelming feeling that everything needs to be "ready." I still have another month so I hope this doesn't mean he's going to come early.

I am looking for suggestions for my hospital bag. I live super close to the hospital so it isn't a big deal for my husband to run home. Anyone have any must haves?
So far I have: Chapstick, gum, toiletries, robe, pjs, nursing bras.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:35 PM   #1181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
bag suggestions: baby fingernail clippers or mittens, nipple cream (I like Lansinoh), pads (you won't want to wear their mesh diapers after the first 12 hours probably),camera with charged battery and empty card, slippers or flip flops, Boppy pillow for easier nursing
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #1182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My first time, I brought everyhing but the kitchen sink, lol. Used next to none of it. Second time, I learned that all I needed was my robe, slippers (and an extra pair in case I spilled blood all over them which I did!), deodarent, comb (for me), toothbrush, camera, laptop, make up and going home outifit for me and the baby. I didn't want to bloody up my own pj's so I stuck to the hospital gowns. And I did use their mesh panties and their pads. I even managed to sneak some of those awesome chuck pads home in my suitcase, and I still use them all the time for both the 2 year old and 1 year old. They are great for diaper changing and I laid on them for a few weeks after I got home when I was sleeping so I didn't mess up my bed.

Sorry, tmi post, but the blood, I couldn't get over all the blood!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #1183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I should add that my hospital had a lot of stuff for me there already, including the nipple cream and hemaroid (sp?) pads. They even had a razor for me and a toothbrush and toothpaste if I needed it. Soap and shampoo were already in the shower. I was too afraid to clip the baby's nails, so we used files. But it's amazing how sharp they can be when they are first born! My girlfriend had to get stitched up internally because her baby boy's nails were so sharp, he cut her on the way out. Youch!
Old 01-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #1184
foxy librarian

Thanks for the suggestions! Very helpful

Andi- are you freaking out yet?!?!? Can't wait to see your little one

My blood pressure has been slowly climbing At the dr yesterday it was 140/80 and wasn't coming down. I need to take another 24 hr urine test this weekend and then I'll be seen twice a week. I'll be 37 weeks on Monday so I know the baby will be ok if I have to be induced but I am really, really hoping that doesn't happen. I'm praying they might keep an eye on it and maybe put me on bed rest if necessary. I don't have any of the other signs of pre e so fingers crossed.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #1185
Senior LCF Member

I can't believe it's already time for Andi and Alie (almost) to meet their babies! It seems like yesterday that y'all were in the first tri. Of course, I could say the same thing about my pregnancy and my boys are already 3 months old!

Andi, I do hope you check in before and soon after your baby's arrival! I can't wait to find out the sex. You want to take a guess for fun?

Alie, hopefully that blood pressure will stay put. Only a few more weeks!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #1186

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies! TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!!

Mac - So happy for you!

Suzie - I wish you the best of luck!

Alie - I hardly take anything in my bag. Like Sharon, I prefer to wear the hospital gown. There is a lot of blood (vaginal or c-section) and the docs are constantly checking you so pants are out of the question. In my bag I have the following:

Baby girl and boy outfit for the ride home (including socks, mittens and hat)
Long boyfriend cardigan (like a short robe)
yoga pants and a top to wear home
slippers and flip flops
toothbrush, comb, deodorant, hand lotion, chapstick
camera & charger + phone charger

The hospital really has everything you need. I wore their pads for the first couple weeks and I wore their mesh underwear home. I kinda liked them!

My suggestion - Snag one of the blue boogie suckers (?) if you can! You cant find those anywhere and they really are the only ones that work. We brought 2 home when we had DS and our dog chewed them up so we had FIL (OBGYN) get us a couple more from his hospital. We only have one left so Im hoping we can get another at the hospital.

Well ladies, I will post as soon as I can with pics!

Last edited by pocahontas; 01-05-2014 at 09:48 AM..
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #1187
foxy librarian

Good luck Andi!!! So excited for you
Old 01-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #1188
Senior LCF Member

Good luck Andi! Can't wait to see pics!

We got like 4 bulb snot suckers from the hospital, plus a bunch of other stuff like thermometers, pacifiers, bottle nipples, hand sanitizer, saline wipes, diapers, and even some hats. Basically everything that was stored under their bassinets at the NICU was ours for the taking.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:17 AM   #1189
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Good luck today Andi!
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #1190
Blabbermouth!!!

Good luck Andi, can't wait to hear!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #1191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
I wanted to add my well wishes too... Good luck Andi! Can't wait to hear if a boy or girl!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:55 AM   #1192
Blabbermouth!!!

Andi~I hope you and baby and doing well!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #1193
Blabbermouth!!!

Lori~Can you please tell me what your strategy was for your gestational diabetes? You made mention of it a couple of weeks ago but I would like more specifics. I had GD with my son, my fasting #s were the only high ones and he was 11 lbs so I'm hoping to avoid that this time. They tested me in Nov and I passed but they are testing me again this month just to make sure it hasn't developed in the meantime. I have a feeling it has because my fasting numbers have been high. I really want to avoid meds, and I really don't want another porkchop baby.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #1194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Hey ladies! Just wanted to pop in and say hi, I have been getting caught up with all of your posts lately. Miss you all! I am loving all these fresh baby pics can't believe how many cuties showed up while I was gone.

Little baby Dom is just precious! Already getting chunky and looking so healthy!

Congrats to Andi!

I will rustle up some good pictures of little Miss Hannah for you guys when I get a minute.
SouthernCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #1195
foxy librarian

Hi ladies. What a crazy last few days this has been.
I monitored my bp over the weekend it was staying the same but some elevated readings. Average was about 138/89. I did another 24 hr urine test on Sunday and was back in the dr Monday morning. Of course I was incredibly anxious and my bp was terrible there So they sent me to the hospital for evaluation and blood work. Again, that did not help my bp. It was quite high while in triage waiting for the results. The results came back fine and perfectly normal but the dr was very worried about my bp and admitted me for an induction. Needless to say I absolutely lost it. It was pretty much the last thing in the world I expected. My husband and I were both really upset and felt like everything was just being forced on us. I was admitted at around 3pm and was on fetal monitoring and 30 min bp checks. Everything was good so they started an oral induction that night. I took 8 doses every 2 hrs. It did absolutely nothing. The morning doctor wanted to check my blood again and decided that if things were changing, I was getting a csection. I lost it again. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, they did. She basically told me I wasn't leaving the hospital until the baby was born. My blood work came back fine, so she agreed to keep me in and monitor me for the day and try another induction method that night, Cervidil.

Around 1am I started having intense contractions until around 6am. The entire time my blood pressure was really good. At one point it even went down to 117/60! Baby was doing perfectly the entire time. I was getting encouraged bc I thought I was going into labor and I would be able to have at least part of the birth experience I wanted. Well 12 hours later, there was absolutely no change. Despite the 2 induction tries and all of the contractions, I was still only 1 cm and not effaced at.all. It was so clear to me that we just were not ready. The new doctor on for the day said he would be putting me on the list for a csection that day since they tried everything they could. Feeling absolutely defeated, I asked if I could just go home. Much to my surprise, he allowed it!!! He said all of the testing relieved no signs of preeclampsia at all and there was really no reason to force a csection unless I wanted it. I was able to go home at noon.

I'm on maternity leave now and modified bed rest. My bp readings at home have been 133/80. I feel amazing (after being hooked up to monitors for 48 hrs and having to drag an entire IV cart into the bathroom every.single.time I will never complain about my pregnancy woes again). I know that the most important thing is that my son and I are healthy and I would have absolutely had a csection if I felt it was justified. I just knew we weren't ready. I am so thankful to have at least a chance to go into labor on my own. I know that it is possible that I could face a csection next week if things go downhill and of course that is what we will do. Sorry about the novel, it has been a wild ride!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:44 AM   #1196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
Hi ladies. What a crazy last few days this has been.
I monitored my bp over the weekend it was staying the same but some elevated readings. Average was about 138/89. I did another 24 hr urine test on Sunday and was back in the dr Monday morning. Of course I was incredibly anxious and my bp was terrible there So they sent me to the hospital for evaluation and blood work. Again, that did not help my bp. It was quite high while in triage waiting for the results. The results came back fine and perfectly normal but the dr was very worried about my bp and admitted me for an induction. Needless to say I absolutely lost it. It was pretty much the last thing in the world I expected. My husband and I were both really upset and felt like everything was just being forced on us. I was admitted at around 3pm and was on fetal monitoring and 30 min bp checks. Everything was good so they started an oral induction that night. I took 8 doses every 2 hrs. It did absolutely nothing. The morning doctor wanted to check my blood again and decided that if things were changing, I was getting a csection. I lost it again. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, they did. She basically told me I wasn't leaving the hospital until the baby was born. My blood work came back fine, so she agreed to keep me in and monitor me for the day and try another induction method that night, Cervidil.

Around 1am I started having intense contractions until around 6am. The entire time my blood pressure was really good. At one point it even went down to 117/60! Baby was doing perfectly the entire time. I was getting encouraged bc I thought I was going into labor and I would be able to have at least part of the birth experience I wanted. Well 12 hours later, there was absolutely no change. Despite the 2 induction tries and all of the contractions, I was still only 1 cm and not effaced at.all. It was so clear to me that we just were not ready. The new doctor on for the day said he would be putting me on the list for a csection that day since they tried everything they could. Feeling absolutely defeated, I asked if I could just go home. Much to my surprise, he allowed it!!! He said all of the testing relieved no signs of preeclampsia at all and there was really no reason to force a csection unless I wanted it. I was able to go home at noon.

I'm on maternity leave now and modified bed rest. My bp readings at home have been 133/80. I feel amazing (after being hooked up to monitors for 48 hrs and having to drag an entire IV cart into the bathroom every.single.time I will never complain about my pregnancy woes again). I know that the most important thing is that my son and I are healthy and I would have absolutely had a csection if I felt it was justified. I just knew we weren't ready. I am so thankful to have at least a chance to go into labor on my own. I know that it is possible that I could face a csection next week if things go downhill and of course that is what we will do. Sorry about the novel, it has been a wild ride!
That is a wild ride. I'd be so upset as well. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I hope you get the experience you want.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #1197
foxy librarian

Thank you How are you doing???

Hoping Andi can check in soon! I'm not going to ruin her news at all but I know the delivery went smoothly and everyone is healthy!

CJ- so great to hear from you! Can't wait to see little miss

Debbie- how are you and Dominick doing? Is he able to come home soon?

Macc- how are you feeling?

Lori- hoping your # are good. My boy is already measuring over 8 lbs. yikes.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #1198
Senior LCF Member

Oh my goodness Alie! I just knew the end of that story was going to be a forced c-section! I'm so glad you stood up for yourself and asked to go home. He obviously isn't quite ready to come out. I hope the rest keeps your blood pressure down.

I can't wait for Andi's update! Andi!!!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #1199

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Ok so I know it's been a long long time but thought I should update. Stella had her birthday on Sunday. She is doing fantastic. She has been walking since 10 months and completely off a bottle since 11 months. She is an amazing eater and so so smart. I'm going to go catch up. I missed everyone!!

image.jpg
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #1200
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
A picture of her the day she got baptized:

First day back to "school" after Christmas Break:

SouthernCJ is offline   Reply With Quote