Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 06:39 AM   #1111
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
I'm praying she is able to live a long independent life.
She's so beautiful and so loved.
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #1112
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Sending my prayers for baby Rose.
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #1113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobbyC
Stats: 236.4/223/199 (First goal 1-derland!)
Hi Ladies!

Congrats and hugs to those who are moms or are still waiting. As some of you may remember I was on this board last year with my first pregnancy, but it sadly ended in a miscarriage.

Well, I am back! I am excited to say that tomorrow I am 13 weeks along! DH and I are very excited and looking forward to a healthy pregnancy! Been pretty sick for most of the time... Didn't think morning sickness was this bad. Hoping it is a good sign, that is what my dr says anyway!
RobbyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #1114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Lori, you, baby Rose, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #1115

Gallery: pocahontas
Lori - thanks for the update. I am connected on FB but this explained some that I had missed. I cant believe it takes so long to get the testing results. I am sending prayers for Rose. She is such a beauty and obviously so loved. I wish only the best for her.

Robyn - Welcome back and congrats!

We are heading out of town tonight so I will pop in next week and see what's up!

Happy Halloween to all of you. DS is going to be a dinosaur!

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #1116
Major LCF Poster!

Andi - HE'S SO CUTE! I love how he's sitting there and his feet don't touch the ground.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #1117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyC View Post
Hi Ladies!

Congrats and hugs to those who are moms or are still waiting. As some of you may remember I was on this board last year with my first pregnancy, but it sadly ended in a miscarriage.

Well, I am back! I am excited to say that tomorrow I am 13 weeks along! DH and I are very excited and looking forward to a healthy pregnancy! Been pretty sick for most of the time... Didn't think morning sickness was this bad. Hoping it is a good sign, that is what my dr says anyway!
Welcome back! Your story gives me hope. Congratulations!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #1118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyC View Post
Yeahhhhh!!!! Welcome back, Robyn! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Happy Halloween to all of you. DS is going to be a dinosaur!

Awwwwww, Andi! He is too cute! Is that a Carter's outfit? I think I bought that one last year for Brandon (they had a bunch at Costco, and I bought him the lion one and a dinasour one and I showed him both costumes and "let" him choose. He smiled bigger at the lion so I dressed him as a lion last year, but was going to dress him in the dinasour one this year because even though it's the same size as last year's, he hasn't grown that much and it was really big last year. I just don't know if I'm going to have time to trick or treat though with him because we are closing on our house Friday (selling) and have to have everything moved out by Thursday night at the latest. Still some stuff to do there, depends on how much we get done tonight. Ugh!

But he is so cute, love it!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Happycat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #1119
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Congrats Robyn! Welcome back.

Had a check up yesterday. BP was 121/82! I gained 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Not surprised at all. I have been eating nonstop.
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #1120
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Lori- Although Rose's diagnosis sounds devastating, it's such a good thing she's starting PT and OT right now. No matter what the outcome, as you said- she's so loved. I'm sorry your family is going through this. You'll be in my thoughts. December seems like a ridiculous amount of time to wait for results. Wow. Please keep us updated on her progress. p.s. Can you post a recent picture of here here for those of us who aren't connected to you on Facebook? I'd love to see that beautiful little girl with all that hair!

Robyn- Congratulations! Yay for the morning sickness, that means things are going well!

Looks like I'm out this cycle AGAIN and the IUI didn't take. I've had negative tests and some spotting started yesterday. We're pretty much on an every other month pattern, since it's all out of pocket at $500-$700 each month we try. That helps manage the cost.

Shana
Oregon Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #1121

Here are some recent pics of baby Rose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rosey3.jpg (30.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg rosey4.jpg (31.3 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg rosey5.jpg (50.6 KB, 49 views)
Old 11-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #1122
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
wow, so much going on in here these days! i haven't been here in awhile, work is keeping me really busy. Brooke is doing fabulous. She's a skinny minnie but she's gonna be a tall girl. still only one tooth though. she can say mama, dada, baby, and jetta. or at least i think it's jetta, that's the dog's name. she kinda points at her and says jejejeje. and she's a little terror. she has two speeds, asleep and zoom. she's crazy but fun!

Carlini - squeee!! so teeny tiny! congrats!
Lori - i just love that little girl! she's going to have a great life, i just know it.
andi - when are you due?!
sutton - congrats on the boys!
Shana - fingers crossed for your positive to come soon.
Suzie - sometimes a break is a good thing. thinking and praying for you and hubby to work through this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b cake_n.jpg (16.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 11-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #1123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Thank you ladies for all your supportive comments! <3 They truly mean so much to me. I have always enjoyed the closeness on this thread, and I do continue to read your posts.
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #1124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Lori - I am so sorry to hear that about baby Rose, but that prognosis sounds positive. Hugs and prayers. Love the pics! Precious as always!

I was going to try to do a longer post, but I've got a baby calling my name! Maybe later, but I do keep up with y'all, just don't post often b/c it takes forever to type on my phone.
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #1125

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Oh man I'm praying for you and baby rose. I'm still lurking. Still super busy. I got a job at a Childcare center and I bring Stella. It is the perfect job!!

Here are the kids in their costumes. I can't believe Stella will be 10 moths tomorrow. She is standing on her own and I predict walking within weeks. She doesn't want to now but I know once she takes that first step it's all over

image.jpg
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #1126

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Oh man I'm praying for you and baby rose. I'm still lurking. Still super busy. I got a job at a Childcare center and I bring Stella. It is the perfect job!!

Here are the kids in their costumes. I can't believe Stella will be 10 moths tomorrow. She is standing on her own and I predict walking within weeks. She doesn't want to now but I know once she takes that first step it's all over

Attachment 52028
WOW! I remember when you were still pregnant with her!
So beautiful!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #1127

How is everyone? I have been swamped at work. Plus we spent 4 days visiting family. DS had a great Halloween with his cousins. I had my 30 wk appt yesterday, I am 30w3d today. All is looking great! Scale says I am only up 5lbs from my very first appt. Baby is measuring just a couple days ahead.

I still havent seen the nutritionist. I called to make an appt when my authorization came through and they said the nutritionist would call me to schedule once they reviewed my file. It had been over a week so I called back yesterday and now they say they didnt get my file so my doc's office faxed it over again. Who knows? I am not totally concerned. My doc ran an A1C on me and it is right smack in the middle of the normal range so that is good.

Nothing much else going on. We pulled all the old baby clothes out and sorted and organized. I will probably wait a few weeks to wash everything.

DS is still adamant that a baby GIRL is coming! He has never waivered on that. Luckily all the baby clothes are neutral since we were team green with DS too. I guess we will know in a couple months!

Last edited by pocahontas; 11-07-2013 at 10:42 AM..
Old 11-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #1128
foxy librarian

Glad you had a good appt! I'm doing well. We had our first childbirth class last night and it went well. The teacher is great. But reality is hitting and I'm getting anxious.

My appts are every 2 weeks now and next week I get a growth check ultrasound. I can't wait to see him
Old 11-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #1129

Wow Alie! I am 2 wks ahead of you and only on 3wk appointments. My doc doesnt start 2 wk appts until 32+wks.

I never did a child birth class but I remember reality set in for me when my BP shot up and the hospital almost didnt release me. I was 36 wks with DS and I called DH in a panic and he came down and told me to relax and calm down so that my BP would go down and we could go home. Luckily that worked but when I got home I was like "Holy crap, we are having a baby!!!"

Anyway, I dont think I get another u/s unless someone feels I need it. I have only had the 2 but that is OK. Baby will be here before we know it!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #1130
foxy librarian

Yeah my drs are very....proactive. They start 2 week appts at 28 weeks and 1 week at 36. This ultrasound is totally unnecessary but whatever. They have it all in house so it's not a big deal. He was breech last time so I'm anxious to know if he flipped yet. I think he has, but who knows.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #1131
foxy librarian

Has anyone heard from Debbie? Hope her and baby are doing well.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
Has anyone heard from Debbie? Hope her and baby are doing well.
No but I have been thinking of her!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #1133

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
How is everyone? I have been swamped at work. Plus we spent 4 days visiting family. DS had a great Halloween with his cousins. I had my 30 wk appt yesterday, I am 30w3d today. All is looking great! Scale says I am only up 5lbs from my very first appt. Baby is measuring just a couple days ahead.

I still havent seen the nutritionist. I called to make an appt when my authorization came through and they said the nutritionist would call me to schedule once they reviewed my file. It had been over a week so I called back yesterday and now they say they didnt get my file so my doc's office faxed it over again. Who knows? I am not totally concerned. My doc ran an A1C on me and it is right smack in the middle of the normal range so that is good.

Nothing much else going on. We pulled all the old baby clothes out and sorted and organized. I will probably wait a few weeks to wash everything.

DS is still adamant that a baby GIRL is coming! He has never waivered on that. Luckily all the baby clothes are neutral since we were team green with DS too. I guess we will know in a couple months!
OMG I don't know if i'd be able to wait to find out. You're strong!

Can't wait to find out!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #1134

It sure is crickets around here, where is everyone?

Not a whole lot to report here. I finally met with the Nutritionist on Wed. They gave me my meter and diet instructions. I started yesterday. My fasting numbers are a little high but the others are just fine. I remember this last time too. I have to have a protein snack before bed to get it under control and it will take a few days. Not sure why the fasting number always gives me problems? This was my issue last time too. Anyway, their diet is a joke. I dont eat that many carbs and likely wont. I hope they dont give me grief over it. They recommend like 30-45 per meal plus 15 per snack so that is 135-225 carbs per day!

I will be 32 wks on Monday and since I will be scheduled for a repeat c-sect at 38-39 wks, I only have about 6+ weeks to go!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:34 AM   #1135
foxy librarian

Wow Andi! That is so close!!! How are you feeling?

Baby boy is still breech. I have another ultrasound in 3 weeks and we're going to try to flip him before that. I talked to my doula about ways to do it before we attempt a transversion. I don't even think I'd do that though.

I've been having a lot of discomfort in my groin area. Everything is fine though... Just a part of the pregnancy yoga helps with the lower back pain. I just can't imagine how much worse it's going to get

DH and I had our babymoon this past weekend in upstate NY. It was absolutely beautiful and we had perfect weather. We both got massages and got to relax together. I know these next 2 months are going to fly by so it was nice to take a few days together.

Hope everyone is doing well! How are you mammas??
Old 11-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #1136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Alie and Andi - y'all are getting so close to d-day!!

Alie - if you want that baby flipped, find a chiropractor with experience with the Webster technique. One of my babies was breach and my chiro got him flipped with only 2 adjustments. Also, have you looked at spinningbabies.com? Lots of good info there. ;-)

My boys are 8 weeks old today, which is crazy to me. These weeks have just been a blur. I'm still exclusively breastfeeding, which is a major goal of mine. I hope to make it to a year. It seems to be working b/c both boys have more than doubled their birthweight, and now weigh 10lbs 10oz and 9lbs 13oz. My little preemies are turning into chunkers. Here's a pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (53.8 KB, 39 views)
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:24 AM   #1137
foxy librarian

Oh my goodness Sutton! They are soooo precious! You are doing such a great job. I just want to cuddle those little guys

I have heard of the Webster technique and am definitely going to look into it in the next few weeks if he doesn't flip. I'm glad to hear it worked for you. I tried the bag of frozen peas on his head last night and he got very cranky. He did move though. His head was on my hip and now it seems to be right in the middle of my belly. Still not the right position but I'm a bit more comfortable for now.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #1138

Sutton those boys are adorable! So happy the nursing is working out, I can only imagine it is difficult with twins. They look great and so healthy!

Alie - Good luck with the flip!

So it has been almost a week since I have been checking my BS and all my numbers look excellent except my fasting numbers. I still cant get them down to <90. They come in around 105-110. I called a left a message for the nurse today, hopefully she has some ideas that I can try before resorting to medication.

Last edited by pocahontas; 11-19-2013 at 10:38 AM..
Old 11-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #1139
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Sutton, those babies are too cute!!

My baby was a Webster technique fail. I went 2 or 3 times a week to my chiro and brooke would not budge. I tried a bag of peas, laying on an incline, spinning babies ideas, flippity floppity everything and my baby wasn't having it. I did not try the transversion because I couldn't risk preterm labor with my hubby working out of state. The cold peas did get a little reaction but by morning she was back up under my ribs.
KQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #1140
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Dominick is doing great! He's 6 weeks old today (31 weeks adjusted), weighs 2lb 12oz, and is just shy of 15 inches long. They will be taking him off the ventilator soon, since he's doing a good job breathing on his own.

Last edited by CARLINI; 11-22-2013 at 03:23 PM..
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote