Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #1021
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Babycakez,
I stayed low carb for my pregnancy. It was hard, very hard, but totally worth it. I ate a lot of low carb junk food, sausages, deli meat and mayo, bacon, etc. then I went back to vlc while nursing. Lost the weight very easily and I was 40.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #1022
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Teri34
Stats: 184/178/132
WOE: Low carb diet
Start Date: September 15 2013
Hi everyone, I'm back after a year. I lost 25 pounds before I became pregnant. I thought it wasn't a good idea to stay on low carb while pregnant so I started eating as I did before I started Atkins. Now 10 weeks after giving birth, and 2 weeks after going back to low carb, I only managed to lose 6 pounds in those 2 weeks. It just seems to be going really slowly this time round. I'm not breastfeeding. I feel really discouraged :-(
Teri34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri34 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm back after a year. I lost 25 pounds before I became pregnant. I thought it wasn't a good idea to stay on low carb while pregnant so I started eating as I did before I started Atkins. Now 10 weeks after giving birth, and 2 weeks after going back to low carb, I only managed to lose 6 pounds in those 2 weeks. It just seems to be going really slowly this time round. I'm not breastfeeding. I feel really discouraged :-(
What are you eating? Go to the main area and post a typical menu. People will help you out.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #1024
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Welcome to the new ladies!

Lori- I'm sorry. That's got to be difficult to hear. I hope you get answers soon. At least you're starting therapies now. That has to make a difference! Please keep us updated.

Sutton!! CONGRATULATIONS! I knew they would likely come early, but was a little surprised. YAYAYAYAYAYA! Can't wait for more pictures.

Suzie- Don't you be apologizing for not posting here! Everybody comes and goes and updates when they have time. It's OK! I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough time lately. I'll admit- it makes me tear up a bit reading some of your posts. It just breaks my heart thinking about what you've been through. It's great you're reaching out to your doctor. I imagine you just want to get pregnant again as soon as you can. I hope you have a good appointment and your doctor is extra supportive. Sounds like you need that right now. Big to you.

I'm on CD 35 now and no sign of AF. That's a pretty long cycle for me. Of course I've taken 100 test and no positive as of this morning. I'm thinking it's because I took Femera my last cycle and that's messed things up a bit. We're doing another round of IUI this next cycle, if my period would just start. UGH.

Shana
Oregon Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #1025
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Sutton your boys are adorable. Congrats!

AFM: On Wed I had contractions that were 6 minutes apart, and saw my doctor that afternoon for an ultrasound. My cervix was funneling, but still closed on the bottom. I was sent to the hospital right away to place a cervical stitch to keep it closed. They had to delay the surgery until Thursday afternoon, because I was contracting too much. By time they got me to the OR, I was completely funneled and dilated 1.5 cm. They placed two stitches. I came home yesterday.

The success rate with having the stitch placed so late in the pregnancy is not very high. I am on complete bed rest until the baby comes. There is a possibility the stitch won't hold, but it was our baby's best shot. All we can do now is wait and pray. If we can make it another week to 24 weeks, they may do steroid shots to mature the baby's lungs. All of this seems so overwhelming, but I'm taking it one day at a time.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #1026
foxy librarian

Gallery: stargirl21
Oh my goodness Debbie. You and your baby boy are in my prayers
stargirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #1027
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post

Suzie- Don't you be apologizing for not posting here! Everybody comes and goes and updates when they have time. It's OK! I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough time lately. I'll admit- it makes me tear up a bit reading some of your posts. It just breaks my heart thinking about what you've been through. It's great you're reaching out to your doctor. I imagine you just want to get pregnant again as soon as you can. I hope you have a good appointment and your doctor is extra supportive. Sounds like you need that right now. Big to you.
Thank you so much. I will make sure to update you ladies after the appointment next Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Sutton your boys are adorable. Congrats!

AFM: On Wed I had contractions that were 6 minutes apart, and saw my doctor that afternoon for an ultrasound. My cervix was funneling, but still closed on the bottom. I was sent to the hospital right away to place a cervical stitch to keep it closed. They had to delay the surgery until Thursday afternoon, because I was contracting too much. By time they got me to the OR, I was completely funneled and dilated 1.5 cm. They placed two stitches. I came home yesterday.

The success rate with having the stitch placed so late in the pregnancy is not very high. I am on complete bed rest until the baby comes. There is a possibility the stitch won't hold, but it was our baby's best shot. All we can do now is wait and pray. If we can make it another week to 24 weeks, they may do steroid shots to mature the baby's lungs. All of this seems so overwhelming, but I'm taking it one day at a time.

Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #1028

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Debbie I am praying for you!
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #1029

I admin a page on Fb called Operation Healthy baby. Look for it if you're interested in joining the fun!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #1030
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Congrats Sutton! They are just precious and congrats on getting the delivery you wanted!

Stargirl~Glad to hear baby boy is doing well and his heart is fine!

Shannonlanie~Jillybean hasn't been around in a long time....hope all is well.

Debbie~Oh my goodness! I feel like an idiot for telling you they were probably nothing and I am so glad you listened to your gut and got checked out! Take it day by day and stay in bed!
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #1031
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Debbie, I am praying for you! You just rest up and make him nice and cozy! Get some movies or tv shows you like from the library and get caught up on them. (I love the library - can you tell) - Or, get some free kindle books!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #1032

Gallery: pocahontas
Debbie - Sending many prayers your way. Im sure the bed rest will help tremendously and that little guy will stay in there and bake as he should. Hang in there Mama!

OT - Bummer about the long cycle. Fingers crossed that AF comes soon so you can move on.

Terri & Shannon - back! jilly has been MIA for a while now, wish she would check in!

We visited my family over the weekend and they all commented on how big my belly is. It was actually lobsided and funny looking on Sunday. I think it's crazy how much bigger it is this time yet baby is measuring almost the same as DS did so I dont think I have a giant baby in there or anything. Anyway, had a great time and we are thinking about going back for Halloween so DS can trick or treat with his cousins.

pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #1033
foxy librarian

Sounds like a great visit Andi!

We have a very active local mom listerv in my area and I was able to score one of those cosleepers that attach to your bed for $50. It retails for for $150. The woman who sold it to me said her daughter literally slept in in once and just didn't like it. I was hesitant to buy one new just for that reason so I'm glad I was able to get one used!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl21 View Post
We have a very active local mom listerv in my area and I was able to score one of those cosleepers that attach to your bed for $50. It retails for for $150. The woman who sold it to me said her daughter literally slept in in once and just didn't like it. I was hesitant to buy one new just for that reason so I'm glad I was able to get one used!
SCORE!!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #1035
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Debbie- Thinking about you. Hoping, hoping, hoping bed rest does it for you and you can keep him in there a lot longer.

AF finally came a few days ago. It was a weird cycle for me, probably from the Femera. It was 37 days, which is waaaay long for me. I'm on CD 3 of my new cycle and AF is already gone? I'm only spotting today. I start Clomid again today, so I should be ovulating in about 2 weeks, then another round of IUI. :figerscrossed:
Oregon Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #1036
Blabbermouth!!!

Lori~Thinking of you and Rose today, please keep us updated!

Shana~good luck this cycle!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #1037

I seriously wanted to punch someone in the face today.
Originally they said NPO for 8 hours, but I had heard since breastmilk digest faster it should be 4 hours. So we called yesterday and asked, the nurse double checked with a doctor and they gave us the OK to do only 4 hours.

We woke her up at 4am this morning so I could nurse her. We got to the hospital by 630am. They spent over a half hour trying to start the IV site, 4 blown veins later they finally got it on the 5th attempt. I hate hate seeing her screaming like that. Breaks my heart.
They took us across the hospital to the MRI machine, the doctor came out and asked when she had eaten. we told him 4 hours ago. He informed us that the 4 hour breastmilk rule only applies to babies under 6 months, and since she is 6 months and 1 week old he couldn't do the MRI. We would have to either wait til they found an opening in the afternoon or come back (it took us 6 weeks to get this appointment and I had to get time off work) I was ready to take her and leave. I felt like these choices were "torture here without food today or come back and torture her again another day" We decided to stay, even though the doctor said he had no idea when they would fit us in, meaning she might have to go 10 or even 12 hours without food. They said they could give her an IV to keep her hydrated. We agreed and LUCKILY got a 12 o clock slot. Which put her right at NPO for 8 hours. They stuck us in a room, hooked up the IV fluids and luckily she fell asleep in daddys arms.
Meanwhile, they gave us free lunch. And I wasn't planning on being there for the entire day and didn't bring my pump. So I asked them for help. They gave me Medella parts and let me use their hospital grade pump. I asked them "how will I keep it cool?" So they gave me a cooler bag. (No ice, I made ice packs out of hospital gloves and ice chips!)

We finally got home at 230pm. Such a long day.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 10-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #1038
Blabbermouth!!!

(((Lori))) I bet that was so hard! When do they expect to have results for you?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #1039

They said it would take 1-2 weeks.
Their doctor read them then sends them to our Neurologist. I pointed out that our Neuro was across the street and I hoped it didn't take that long to get the results across the street.
I suspect Cerebral Palsy.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #1040

Lori - What a disaster but I m so happy they were able to get you in as quickly as they could. Why do you suspect cerebral palsy?
Old 10-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #1041
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Things are going good here. I'm still on bed rest cooking this baby! The first goal of 24 weeks is right around the corner. I have a doctor appt tomorrow to see how the stitch is holding up. I'm praying real hard to make it to 28 weeks. Anything beyond that is gravy.

I really want to do personals but it's so hard typing when you're lying on your side. I'm following you all, and thinking of each one of you.
CARLINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #1042
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Things are going good here. I'm still on bed rest cooking this baby! The first goal of 24 weeks is right around the corner. I have a doctor appt tomorrow to see how the stitch is holding up. I'm praying real hard to make it to 28 weeks. Anything beyond that is gravy.

I really want to do personals but it's so hard typing when you're lying on your side. I'm following you all, and thinking of each one of you.
Thanks for the update! Been thinking about you!

Lori - I'm praying for you and your family! I'm glad you are getting her checked out and will some answers soon.
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #1043
foxy librarian

Quote:

So glad to hear that! I've been worried about you.

Lori- I'm so sorry what you had to go through. Praying for good news
Old 10-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Lori - What a disaster but I m so happy they were able to get you in as quickly as they could. Why do you suspect cerebral palsy?
I've been researching on my own. And they used a term yesterday that I remembered from reading about CP...they said Hypertonic.
She really fits the bill on a lot of those symptoms.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #1045

Debbie - Thanks for the update, I think about you often!

Aww Lori. I was suspecting you knew more than I did. I'll be sending prayers and waiting anxiously for some news from the docs.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #1046

Praying for you Lori.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #1047

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
remember me? Just played catch up here. I've been following you all.

Lori I can't even imagine what you are feeling. Prayers and well wishes for you and your family.

Things here are well. My little miss Stella Grace will be 9 months on Saturday. We had her baptized 2 weeks ago. It was a great event.

image.jpg
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #1048

Will get MRI results on the 22nd.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #1049
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Well, after 12 days in the NICU, it looks like our boys will be coming home tomorrow!! They just have to pass their 90 minute car seat test. Praying hard that they pass!

Here's another pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (35.9 KB, 45 views)
sutton_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #1050
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay, Sutton! I hope you are on your way; they are so darling!